What is Wmasf.dll file
Wmasf.dll is a system related dynamic link library file that comes from Windows Media ASF, there are a lot of processes related to Windows Media services, and the job of the dll file is to ensure the Windows Media services can be called properly by those processes, many people are experiencing problems that cause by the Wmasf.dll file, typical error messages they received including:
“Wmasf.dll Not Found”
“This application failed to start because wmasf.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
That’s just the problem that happened in my computer, how can I fix Wmasf.dll error
Wmasf.dll error does not come out from no where, it show up for reasons, for example, the file got deleted accidentally or damaged by virus, or related registry file become corrupted, Windows Media settings has been changed, etc, these can all bring up Wmasf.dll errors. To fix the error, you can try the followings:
Normally when you encounter errors like Wmasf.dll error, before searching solutions online or resort to third party repair program, you can first try the Windows restore tool, this tool is available in every Windows system to help you prevent critical system problems. You can easily get access to this tool from Start > All Program > Accessories > System Tools > System restore, this solution required a restore point, if you didn’t created a restore point before with this tool, this solution is no valid to you. But you should keep in mind that this tool is very useful, it is always a good practice to created a restore point periodically when your computer is running fine. This could help you save lots of troubles.
Restore the missing file
The main purpose of doing a system restoration is to get the missing Wmasf.dll back in the system, you can also do it manually by downloading the file from the internet, do the below steps:
- Open your web browser and visit google.com
- Type in the term of “download Wmasf.dll” and hit the search button.
- Look for a reliable website to download the dll file.
- Click to download and save the file on to your computer.
- Place the downloaded file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder
- Click Start > Run Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Wmasf.dll” on the black screen and press Enter key of your keyboard
- Reboot your computer and then retest the error.
Restore Wmasf.dll and fix the error automatically
If you feel like the manual solution is a little bit complicated, you may try out DLLSmith, a professional tool that specially designed to cure any types of dll error.
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search Wmasf.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and the Wmasf.dll error will be fix by then.
Clean up Windows registry
Registry can be one of the main reasons that cause the Wmasf.dll error. Registry plays an very important role in the Windows system as it stores all the hardware and software data of your computer, a bloated registry can easily bring up dll error as the system can not access to the related registry data when dll file is being called. Registry clogged up problem can happen to every computer, and there is a big chance that your Wmasf.dll is caused by such problem, it is recommend to clean up your computer registry by using a reliable registry cleaner to get the error fixed.
- Download and install the registry cleaner here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.