Error 0x80070490 is a very common issue that occurs when people are going to update their Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, this problem will not only stop the Windows update but create additional troubles on the PC. So you should take measures to fix error code 0x80070490 if you have this issue on your Windows system.
Common error messages:
[Original Title: windows update]”
“Windows Store failed to sync machine licenses. Result code 0x80070490″
What happen to your Windows system?
Error 0x80070490 is a typical Windows update error that happens when you are trying to update your Windows system or after the installation. Besides displaying the annoying error messages, many people are also resulted in serious problems like system crash, Blue Screen of Death or even cannot reboot the computer correctly.
Windows update failure is a serious problem that cause the computer always stay in an outdated version, which will create a serious of problems for the use and security of the computer. Therefore, you should think about how to fix error code 0x80070490 quickly and effectively on your PC.
Overcome and fix error code 0x80070490 with a good way
Make use of Windows attach utilities
Run System File Checker
In Windows 8.1
Error 0x80070490 is definitely a serious problem for computer with Windows 8.1 operating system, because this specific Windows system bundles with mandatory system update, one cannot continue to open and use the computer without the automatic update. Therefore, it must be very urgent for you to figure out this error issue if you are using the Windows 8.1.
- Type “cmd” in the search text box, hit Enter
- Click on Command Prompt on search result, then you will see a new window with black color
- Type “sfc /scannow” command in the window, and hit Enter
- It will be activated to try to find and recover all of corrupted system files
- Try to install your Windows update again after running System File Checker
In Windows 7
- Click on Start > Run > type “cmd” in the box
- Choose to open Command Prompt on the search result
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the black window, and press Enter
- Try to update your Windows again
In Windows XP
- Click on Start > Run > enter “cmd”
- Select to run Command Prompt, and type “sfc /scannow” in the command window
- Press Enter to start the system file check and fix
- Then try again to install Windows update
If the System File Checker fails to help you fix error code 0x80070490, you can choose another utility in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 to figure it out.
In Windows 8.1 – run DISM tool
DISM, which is short for Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool, is a useful utility in repairing Windows Update corruption errors, so you can try this application to repair error code 0x80070490.
Open the Command prompt again, type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” command
If your Windows Update client is already corrupted, try to run the following command instead, in which the C:\RepairSource\Windows need to be changed to your specific repair source:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
In Windows 7 – System Update Readiness tool
System Update Readiness tool (process Checksur.exe) is a useful program on the Windows 7 to check and fix any inconsistency and problem of the Windows services. For more details about how to use this system utility, please refer to the specific Microsoft’s website: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833.
Clean system registry issues to fix error code 0x80070490
System registry issue is often a reason for the failure of Windows update, when there are some registry files which required by the Windows update are damaged or modifies by malicious viruses or the incorrect operation, which finally corrupt the Component Based Servicing (CBS) manifest, Windows update will not be able to process smoothly and effectively on the computer. Therefore, you should conduct a registry scan for your computer system, and try to fix those registry problems well.
Since the system registry is a vital and sensitive database of Windows, it is suggested to invite a professional registry error fixer to detect and repair all of system registry issues instead of the manual fix. Thus, you can finish the registry fix quickly and effectively.
Clean virus infections
In order to better control and compromised the computer system, when your computer get some virus infections without your knowing, they will take some ways to corrupt associated Windows update’s configurations and settings, and make you unable to update your Windows system with success. In this case, to effectively fix error code 0x80070490 and avoid more serious virus infections and corruptions, you should take a powerful antivirus program to scan and remove virus infections on your computer.
After removing all of infected viruses, please restart your computer and try to install Windows update again.
Perform a repair installation to restore the current Windows
If the above resolutions cannot help you to figure out your Windows system issues and fix the corruption of computer system, I think you will need to do a repair installation for your current Windows system, and the Windows installation DVD will help you to conduct the repair installation.
- Close all of running programs, and reboot your computer system
- Insert your Windows installation DVD into your PC’s DVD drive
- You will get a new window, and select Install Now
- Select “Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation”
- Enter the key of your installation CD, and accept the associated terms of license
- You will be asked “Which kind of installation do you want”, choose Upgrade
- After the upgrade is completed, restart your computer again, and try reinstall Windows again
Try to fix error code 0x80070490 with the following fix tool (system registry optimized tool):