Msimn.exe is an executable file of Microsoft Outlook Express, and digitally signed from Microsoft Timestamping Service, it should not be disabled and deleted for supporting the Microsoft Outlook Express, otherwise you will get the error notification and several running problems. How can fix msimn.exe error if you unfortunately got the issue on your computer?
Symptoms of msimn.exe error
Msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.
MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.DLL.
The annoying msimn.exe error usually appear while you are opening or using the the Outlook Express, and people will get to know what’s going wrong about the program. To further analyze the error issue, it may be caused by the following issues.
Common reasons of the error problem:
- .DBX file are marked as read only (a kind of file that used by Outlook Express to save email messages)
- E-mail usage in Outlook Express 6.0 is heavy
- Identities key in the system registry are corrupted
Resolutions to fix msimn.exe error
Before you start to resolve the problem, please remember to back up all of your email messages and addresses for precaution.
One – make sure the .DBX files are not limited on Read Only
- Click on Start >>> Search >>> type “*.dbx” in the search box
- Choose to search the file in all folders and drives >>> click Search
- When the search results are displayed, take note to the file location
- Copy and paste the location in Windows Explorer to open it
- Right click on the first file >>> select Properties
- Clear the Read-only check box >>> click OK
- Repeat the same clearing step for other files in the folder
- Try to open Outlook Express to see whether it is able to fix msimn.exe error
Two – Regenerate identities key in the System Registry
System Registry is a greatly important database that stores many indispensable registry keys, advanced system settings and many other configurations, if you need to change the registry, you should back up the registry data beforehand. As this step requires you to modify the registry, so you will need to firstly back up the registry, and then start to the next step:
- Click on Start >>> Run >>> type “regedit” >>> press Enter
- Then you will open the Registry Editor window >>> navigate to the registry key:
- Right-click the Identities key >>> select Delete command
- Exist the System Registry, and open the Outlook Express to check the fixing result.
Three – fix msimn.exe error with registry optimizer
To deal with the error issue on computer system, you also can try to use a third party registry optimizer, it is able to scan and fix different kinds of registry issues on the Windows system automatically, and then people can easily repair those error problems associated with it.
Steps to fix msimn.exe error with registry optimizer:
- Install and start the regsitry optimizer to scan the Windows system
- When the scan is completed, select to fix all of detected registry issues
- Clean all of useless registries in the system
- Restart your computer