Before starting to resolve Error Code 24, it would be better to understand where the problem comes from and whether you are able to fix it on your own. Firstly let’s get to know this error.
This error appeared when there are same folders already installed or remained still on your device after last removal, and still you are installing same app. So the installer does not know what to dowith this folder and you get error: Unknown Error Code During Application Install: “-24”. These folders are situated in location “root: data/data” folder (only root users can find this folder).
And when you attempt to use a locally installed device on your computer and it is not correctly installed, or the installation software has become corrupt, you will receive the error message displayed for Error Code 24.
Among so many underlying Windows Error Code issues, to resolve Error Code 24 is not a difficult undertaking. Before you try to fix this problem, you also need to know that there could be a few possibilities as far as root causes are concerned. Determining the root cause may not be possible, yet you should know the fixes for the varying scenarios.
Method One – Resolve Error Code 24 on Your Own
1. The first process to go through to resolve Error Code 24 is to simply remove the device. If the device is currently attached to your PC, simply disconnect it and restart your PC.
2. You should then reconnect the device and access the “Device Manager.”
3. Locate the device here, and click on “Update Driver.”
4. Follow all the on-screen prompts that are presented on your screen, and let the drivers update fully. If the Driver was the underlying reason of the issue, this should have resolved it.
5. If updating the driver fails to fix the problem, you may have a faulty piece of hardware on your hands. Disconnect the device and check the vendor’s instructions to see if this is a known problem with the product.
6. If the device is still under warranty, follow the manufacturer’s website for getting a repair or replacement for the device.
Windows may not always be able to detect that a piece of hardware is broken, but the error message 24 is an indication that there may indeed be an issue with this particular piece of hardware. If your warranty for the device has expired, you may have to pay for repair or replacement out of pocket. Check with the vendor’s instructions for full details.
Method Two: Resolve Error Code 24 on Your Own
1. Go to any root file manager,, and navigate to location: root >> data/data folder folder.
2. Find the related folder or that app which you were installing from the store.
3. Then delete that folder. (Caution: Here you will lose all data relevant to that app).
4. Now access the store, and try to install that app again.
5. Check whether you have fixed the error.
Better Approach to Resolve Error Code 24
In case you don’t want to read the above tutorials and perform the steps carefully, we prepared this effective helper for your choice. To resolve Error Code 24, there are only a few steps to take:
1. Install the safe Registry repair tool by clicking the green download button on the page.
(Both the file and the program folder after installation are small-sized.)
2. Run the tool, and click the Start Scan Now button to find all the existing issues on your system.
(This is to quickly detect what problems you’re having and where they are. A list will be displayed, on which you can select those you want to fix.)
3. Hit the Fix All button to resolve Error Code 24 and other detected problems.
(Repair all of these with only one click. Isn’t it amazing?)
For general users, the best way to resolve Error Code 4 is using a safe repair tool that is user-friendly taking small space on computer drive, like the above-mentioned. This kind of program can at the same time detect all the current issues on your machine, and list the relevant details in case you need to know. And no negative consequences will bother you after the repair.
During the long-term use of your PC, redundant things including cache files, useless installation packages and program leftovers will be accumulated, taking more and more space on drives. And those problems you left behind would also make things worse as time goes by. It’s wise to termly maintain the working environment on your PC for its better performance and your experience using it.
Other Things You Can Do to Resolve Error Code 24
- Run drive utilities, and remove some useless applications to free up some drive space.
- Scan your computer with an antivirus software to check for virus, Trojan and malware.
- Check whether your drives are available for updates, and do the update.
- Remove all the peripherals or needless applications, reboot your computer, and check whether this error still persists.