When you are trying to use a hardware device attached to your PC, such as USB optical mouse, your computer displays the error message for error code 20. That means Windows is having problems loading a device driver and is unable to use the affected device. So how to resolve Error Code 21?
Error Code 21 is caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your Windows operating system. There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of programs or hardware. It can also be caused if your PC is recovered from a virus or spyware/adware attack or by an improper shutdown of your PC.
All the above actions may end up with the deletion or corruption of the entries in Windows registry, and this corrupted registry will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the normal working of the application.
The following content will teach your how to properly resolve Error Code 21 with three different methods. It’s all your choice to take any of them.
How Do I Manually Resolve Error Code 21 on My PC?
This is actually one of the easy problems that you can solve. The error message usually pops up when you set a device to be removed, and then chooses the device again while in Device Manager. Windows makes the assumption that you are trying to access a device that is currently being removed and kicks up the error code 21 message, “Windows is removing this device.”
Here are some ways to resolve Error Code 21 error message:
1. If you attempt to remove the device, just give the operating system a little more time to do it.
2. Wait a few seconds and see whether the Device Manager still shows the device as existing on the system.
3. If the device is still showing up, don’t click on it or you will see the error message again. Instead, press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh your Device Manager screen. You shall see the device going away soon.
4. If waiting doesn’t get rid of this error, or the refresh happens and the device still remains in the view, you need to restart your PC. Just click on Start, then click on Shutdown and choose Restart for the option to reboot your computer.
5. When your computer starts, go to Device Manager and see whether the device is still showing up. The computer restart should have permanently removed the device.
6. If you accidentally deleted the hardware device, you will have to go through the process of reinstalling it. You can use the original installation disk that came with the device, and walk through the installation steps recoomended by the manufacturer to get the device installed over again.
How Do I Resolve Error Code 21 on iTunes?
“Just in 2 days back I go the new iPhone 5 and now whether I try to do the restore with the iTunes application I end up getting Error Code 21 problem. What should I do for this issue now? Can someone kindly suggest me the fix soon? Thanks.”
Alright, for that situation, here are the steps for you to go:
1. First of all, turn on your PC and then download and install the iTunes program.
2. Now connect your Device with Computer via data cable, and then launch iTunes application in your Computer.
3. Now connect your Device with iTunes application and then tab on your device in iTunes application.
4. You will see a summary option in left side bar of iTunes application, and then tab on Restore option.
5. Now confirm the Restore Message, your device will be restored automatically without any issues.
6. At last, unplug your Device, and your problem should be solved.
Better Approach to Resolve Error Code 21
In case you don’t want to read the above tutorials and perform the steps carefully, we prepared this effective helper for your choice. To resolve Error Code 21, there are only a few steps to take:
1. Install the safe Registry repair tool by clicking the green download button on the page.
(Both the file and the program folder after installation are small-sized.)
2. Run the tool, and click the Start Scan Now button to find all the existing issues on your system.
(This is to quickly detect what problems you’re having and where they are. A list will be displayed, on which you can select those you want to fix.)
3. Hit the Fix All button to resolve Error Code 21 and other detected problems.
(Repair all of these with only one click. Isn’t it amazing?)
For general users, the best way to resolve Error Code 21 is using a safe repair tool that is user-friendly taking small space on computer drive, like the above-mentioned. This kind of program can at the same time detect all the current issues on your machine, and list the relevant details in case you need to know. And no negative consequences will bother you after the repair.