WOW.exe is a process which shipped with the installation of World Of Warcraft game by Blizzard, WOW.exe is stored in the directory of C:/Program Files/World Of Warcraft, this process is responsible for controlling the game settings, though WOW.exe is important to the gameplay, it constantly causes errors to computer users when they are trying to launch the World Of Warcraft game, once the error show up, it would stop the game from running as well as cause you other system problems, if you are experiencing the WOW.exe error, it is strongly recommended to fix the error as soon as possible before it caused other problems to your computer.
Common error messages
Due to different causes, the WOW.exe error could show up in different forms as below:
1. ERROR #132 (0×85100084) Fatal ExceptionProgram: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exeException: 0xC0000096 (PRIV_INSTRUCTION) at 001B:023327B0
2. ERROR #131 (0×85100083)Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exeFile: Data\patch.MPQ
What cause the WOW.exe errors
Before fixing the WOW.exe errors, you may need to figure out what exactly would cause you the error, this could really help in the error troubleshooting. Here is a list of possible causes of WOW.exe errors:
- The process file of WOW.exe is damaged
- The game was installed incompletely
- Your computer is infected by virus and the process file is damaged by the virus
- Computer game setting has been changed
- Errors in Windows registry database
How to fix WOW.exe errors
Solution 1: Apply the error repair tool provided by Bilzzard
In order to help players fix the game errors, Blizzard hs provided a specific repair tool for us. You can download the tool from the Blizzard website, it could help you detect the common World Of Warcraft errors your computer might having which including WOW.exe error, then instruct you the way to fix it properly. For your convenient, you can download the repair tool directly from our blogs here: Click to download.
Solution 2: reinstall the World Of Warcraft game
If the WOW.exe process is damaged or become corrupted which caused it malfunction, to fix the WOW.exe error, the directly way is to reinstall the game of World Of Warcraft, by doing so, a healthy copy of WOW.exe process will be replaced in your system which could most likely help you to fix the error. Before the reinstallation, it is suggested to uninstall the current World Of Warcraft game from your computer by using the Add/Remove program to ensure a proper reinstallation.
Solution 3: Fix registry problem with Registry Cleaner
Registry is the most important component of Windows, not only it contains the information and settings of all the hardware and software of your computer, it also controls all the system function. Since the registry has the data to run WOW.exe process, if it gone corrupted or clogged up, WOW.exe error would show up with no doubt. Luckily the registry problem can be fixed easily with a trusted registry cleaner like Registry Nuke, simply perform the below three steps and surprisingly you would found the errors on your computer are all gone:
- Download and install the registry cleaner here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.