Scrrun.dll error is one of the most common dll errors that happen in our computers, if you are experiencing the error, you’ve come to the right place. So what exactly is this error and how does it happen? Let first get know about the Scrrun.dll file, it is a system dll file that contains libraries for reading and writing scripts and text files, it is available in every Windows Vista operating system, if the file got missing or damage, you may properly experience problems when booting up your system or opening certain application on your computer.
Common causes for Scrrun.dll
- Scrrun.dll file has been deleted or moved to improper location other than the original
- Virus has infect your computer and the dll file got damaged by it.
- You haven’t clean up the registry for a very long time which cause registry corruption.
- Windows settings has been changed.
How to fix Scrrun.dll error
Download and replace the Scrrun.dll file
The Scrrun.dll error usually display as forms like “Scrrun.dll Not Found”, “Cannot find [PATH]\scrrun.dll” or “The file scrrun.dll is missing.” all these error messages are trying to tell you that the file is absent from your system , so you can try to get a copy of the file from somewhere else and then place it to the required location of your computer, it could most likely fix the problem for you
- Search the term of “Scrrun.dll download” by using the search engine like google or bing in your browser
- Pick a trusted website to download the file.
- Place the downloaded dll file to the location of C:\WINDOWS\system32
- Click the Start button, go to Run
- Type in the commend of “cmd” and press Enter
- In the next appeared black screen, type in “regsvr32 Scrrun.dll” and press Enter button.
- Now the dll file has been registered into your system, what you need is to restart the computer to retest the error.
You can also do it in an automatic way, by using professional dll error fix tool – DLLSmith, Scrrun.dll error can be fix within three easy steps:
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search Vb6stkit.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and the Scrrun.dll error will be fix by then.
Restore the system
For major system problems like exe, dll errors, you can always apply the system restore function to get them fixed. System Restore is a default function that available in each Windows operation system. If you have a good practice of using System Restore to create restore point regularly, you can easily fix this Scrrun.dll error. Simply go to Start > All Program > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore, then select “restore your computer to previous status”, click Next, the select a restore point you created before (previous to the error happening), click Next again to proceed the restoration.
Repair the registry
Some computer users may not know about Windows registry and its importance to the computer, here is some catch-up knowledge, registry is like the brain of your computer, the settings and configurations data of all the hardware & software in your computer are stored in the registry, a small corruption in it can lead to computer problems like Scrrun.dll error, registry corruption is due to wasted/invalid registry entries that left behind from application uninstallation. If you have tried out the above solution but the error still persist, there is a 90% chance that your computer is having registry problems, you should apply a reliable registry cleaner program to help you clean up those junk files in the registry as well as fix all the found registry problems, and you will surprisingly found that Scrrun.dll error is fixed after you clean up the registry.