Olmapi32.dll is a common dynamic link library file that belongs to program named Outlook MAPI32, it is a essential file for ensuring the proper functioning of outlook. If Olmapi32.dll file gone missing or become corrupted, you will probably receiving errors that contains the file name in it while starting or using Microsoft Outlook. Typical error message:
“The file OLMAPI32.DLL is incompatible with Microsoft Outlook. Install Outlook again”.
A few common causes of Olmapi32.dll error
- The dll file is moved from its original location.
- The dll file got deleted mistakenly.
- The dll file has become corrupted and can not function properly.
- Corruption happen in Windows registry.
- Virus/malware infection that damaged the dll file.
Since the Olmapi32.dll file is not shared by only one program, getting the Olmapi32.dll error not only malfunctions the Outlook but also affects other programs inside your computer, so it is suggested to fix Olmapi32.dll error as soon as possible before it cause more troubles.
Solutions to fix Olmapi32.dll error
The Olmapi32.dll error can be fixed by one of the following listed solutions:
Restart the computer & Run a thorough virus scan
It may sounds too easy to be true, actually sometimes computer just run off the trail so that cause you temporary dll or exe error, you may try restart your computer for once if you receive Olmapi32.dll error for the first time. If the error still persist after a reboot, it is suggested to run a virus scan immediately since the error may caused by virus infection, if that is the case, you need to remove the virus first and then adopt one of the following methods to fix Olmapi32.dll error, otherwise the error will reappear no matter how many time you fix it.
Reinstall Office 2007
- Close all unnecessary programs.
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- Select Office 2007, click the button ‘Change’ on the right side.
- Click Add/Remove Features > Continue.
- Follow the instruction to reinstall the Office 2007 into your computer.
- Or you can simply uninstall Office 2007 from the Add/Remove program, and download a new setup file from Microsoft official website, then reinstall Office 2007.
Download and replace the Olmapi32.dll file
- Visit google.com and search for ‘download Olmapi32.dll’.
- Pick a reliable website that provide dll download recourse to download the Olmapi32.dll file onto your local computer.
- Copy the downloaded dll file and paste it to the location of C:\Windows\System32, if you receive prompt that telling you file exist, click overwrite.
- Press Windows button + R key, type in cmd in the appeared run box.
- Type ‘regsvr32 Olmapi32.dll’ in the commend prompt box and press Enter.
- After you register the file into system, restart your computer and go test if the error still exist.
Clean up and repair Windows registry
Registry is the most important component of Windows system, and another fact you should know is, Over 70% of the computer error is caused by registry problem, the main reason is that, registry can easily become corrupted if you don’t regularly clean up the wasted, invalid, obsolete registry data that stuck inside overtime, most people don’t realize this problem until the corrupted registry slow down their computers and cause errors frequently. If you have tried out the above solutions and Olmapi32.dll error still persist, there is a big possibility that it is caused by registry problems, to fix Olmapi32.dll error, you may run a professional registry cleaner to clean up corrupted entries and repair damage registry keys, and the Olmapi32.dll error will be gone eventually.