What is Msvcrtd.dll
Msvcrtd.dll is a Runtime Library file of Windows and used by Microsoft C++ to provide debug information to programmers during software development, it is vital for all the programs written by Microsoft Visual C++ application as it is related to many Runtime library files that C++ program require to run.
Msvcrtd.dll error and causes
Upon Windows startup or launching certain program, an error occurs with the message of ‘Error starting program. A required .DLL file msvcrtd.dll was not found.’ Normally this error happen because something wrong happens to the msvcrtd.dll file which including:
- The file was deleted mistakenly either by software removal or certain disk free-up operation.
- The file was damaged and fail to function when related program is launched
- Windows is unable to access to the registry information of the file.
How can I fix it
To fix Msvcrtd.dll error, here are a couple of solution you can try.
Reinstall the software you uninstalled
The Msvcrtd.dll may be accidentally deleted along with certain program removal. If you clearly remember that Msvcrtd.dll error showed up right after you uninstalled certain program, you can try to reinstall that particular program as it may contains the Msvcrtd.dll, once you finished the installation, a new copy of the dll file will be placed back into your system and the error will be ceased most likely.
Download and replace the missing dll file
As long as your computer is connected to the internet, you can easily retrieve the missing Msvcrtd.dll file, here is how:
- Open your browser and visit the search engine website like google.com, being.com, yahoo.com, baidu.com, etc.(google.com is the most recommended one)
- In the search field, enter the keyword of ‘download Msvcrtd.dll’ and press the search button.
- In the search result you’ll be able to find many website that offers dll download recourse, pick a reliable one and download Msvcrtd.dll onto the local computer.
- This file size is very small, it should be very fast to complete the download, once it finish, copy and paste this file to the location of \WINDOWS\system32 in the system drive of your computer.
- Click Start > Run, type in cmd and click Enter.
- In the commend prompt window, type in regsvr32 Msvcrtd.dll and press Enter.
- Now reboot your computer and see if the Msvcrtd.dll error still exist.
Clean up registry
Maybe you are not aware of the importancy of registry, it is the most vital component of Windows that contains data of every hardware & software inside the computer, yet its space is not unlimited, the registry can easily become bloated if there are too much invalid/wasted entries(usually left from software removal), and once the registry got bloated, it would fail to function properly thus generates a lot of errors like the one you are experiencing. Essentially, Msvcrtd.dll error could occur if the registry became malfunction and failed to provide the file data when related program is launching, to fix Msvcrtd.dll error, you need to repair and clean up the registry first, this can be easily done by following the below three steps:
- Download and Install the fix tool in your computer.
- Launch the tool and click Scan button
- Click ‘Fix All‘ button to fix all the problem that scanned out.