What is msvcp60.dll
Msvcp60.dll is a component used by Windows that handles Microsoft Visual C++, a feature in your operating system that reads the important settings that Windows requires to operate properly. Keep in mind that this file plays a vital role in the overall performance of your computer, but it is continually experiencing problems, most commonly making the Microsoft Visual C++ based programs fail to load. If you are experiencing problems with msvcp60.dll errors, you should make sure that your operating system is working properly, and you will need to remove any error related to it that is found in your system. This tutorial will help you resolve issues surrounding this file.
Possible Error Message
- ”Msvcp60.dll – Application error”
- ”This application failed to start because msvcp60.dll cannot be found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- ”Msvcp60.dll Not Found”
- ”Windows cannot load the application.”
- ”The file is missing”
- ”Msvcp60.dll file is missing from your system. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find System32\msvcp60.dll”
Your system encounters these errors mainly because your computer is not able to process the required settings to run the file correctly.
Common causes of Msvcp60.dll errors
- A wrong version of the DLL file in system will result in errors. In most cases, this problem can be solved by reinstalling the correct version of the DLL file.
- Viruses, Malware and Trojan are mainly developed to destroy or cause problems in computer systems.
- Invalid or incorrect DLL entries in the Windows registry.
- Deletion of a shared DLL file when an application is uninstalled causing missing DLL errors.
How to fix guide
Solution 1. Identify which program cause the Msvcp60.dll error. Usually the dll error message pops up when you run a certain program. If the DLL error comes from a third party software, try to uninstall and reinstall it again. Some applications save you the trouble from doing that by including a “Repair” option when you try to uninstall it.
Solution 2. Download a copy of the msvcp60.dll to fix DLL missing error. Most of the dll files are available downloading on the Internet. Place the new dll files to replace the missing or corrupted one so that you will remove DLL errors after restart your computer.
Solution 3. Sometimes DLL errors are very simple to resolve, however, in some situations, the issues can also be difficult to resolve when it is hidden. In this case, trying various solutions without proper understanding of the problems may further complicate matters.
Surprisingly or not, the majority of these errors are ‘fixable’ even if you are not an expert – you can quickly clean msvcp60.dll not found error by using a professional and easy to use Windows registry cleaning tool. These tools specialize on examining your System and repairing various windows problems such as ‘bad’ DLLs.