Iertutil.dll is important component file of Internet Explorer that works as a runtime utility. Some of the computer user stumbled into Iertutil.dll – related errors while trying to open Internet Explorer or update it. This error commonly happen in Windows XP, Vista and 7, if you are one of the unlucky guy who has this issue on your computer, the below tutorial should help you out.
File size: 267,776 bytes
File location: Windows\System32
Iertutil.dll error message
The ordinal 481 could not be located in the dynamic link library Iertutil.dll.
How to fix Iertutil.dll error
Normally the error can be caused by Iertutil.dll file missing problem, or the Iertutil.dll was misplaced in a wrong location. You can first go to Start > Search > File or folder >All files and folders, then type in the file name of Iertutil.dll and hit the search button, if the you found the file not in its original location, you should copy the file and the paste it to the Windows\System32 folder of your computer system drive. If you are unable to find the file, follow the below instruction to download and install it in the computer.
- Visit google.com in your browser.
- Search for the keyword of download Iertutil.dll.
- Download the file from a website that can be trusted and save it onto local hard drive.
- Copy and paste the file to Windows\System32 folder of your computer system drive.
- Press Windows button + R key to open run window.
- Type in cmd in the Run window and hit Enter
- Type in ‘regsvr32 Iertutil.dll’ in the commend prompt window and hit Enter again to register the file into the system.
- Now the Iertutil.dll error should be fixed.
Alternative solution: download and install missing dll automatically
Manually download dll file from the internet can be risky as there is no absolute guarantee that the file you download is compatible with your system version, and also, for computer novice, it is hard to tell if the dll download website is clean and safe (many of them are fill with aggressive adware, even contains virus), so, download dll file from the internet rashly may not be a wise, for my experience, I would choose the a more convenience method to deal with the Iertutil.dll error, which is using professional dll error fix tool, here is how you gonna do:
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search Iertutil.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and fix the Iertutil.dll error.
Fix Iertutil.dll error by repairing registry problem
You may wonder, is there any connection between the registry and the Iertutil.dll error that I am experiencing? The answer is Yes there is. We all know that registry is the most important components of Windows which contains countless data for every hardware/software/files/process in your computer, if something went wrong in the registry, many types of errors and problems can be generated, Iertutil.dll error is a standard dll error that can be triggered by registry problem. If you had tried out the above solution but found out the error still exist, then registry problem should be the very reason behind this error you met. What you need to do is run scan with a professional registry cleaner, and then fix all the problem it found, and the Iertutil.dll error should be fixed by then.