Are you troubling with the below Ieframe.dll error messages and looking for solution to fix it?
- “AppName: <PROGRAM NAME> ModName: ntdll.dll”
- “File Not Found C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IEFRAME.DLL”
- “<application name> caused a fault in module NTDLL.DLL at <computer address>”
Ieframe.dll file description – What is Ieframe.dll and what does it do
Ieframe.dll is not a system – related file, but it available in all most every Windows system by default, it is a component file of Internet Explorer that work as an UI library file. Usually Ieframe.dll file is stored in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ folder just like the other dll file. However, there are times people may experience error message that contains the Ieframe.dll file after they open IE browser or upgrade the IE to a higher version. To fix Ieframe.dll error, you can refer to the below listed solutions which are all proven to be feasible in managing this error in different situations.
Possible causes of Ieframe.dll error
- Ieframe.dll file is corrupted and is unable to function properly.
- Incorrect Internet Explorer installation or upgrade.
- The Ieframe.dll file is mistakenly deleted from the system.
- Registry is malfunction.
- Malware or virus infection
How do I fix Ieframe.dll error
Solution 1: Replace the problematic or missing dll file
For cases that Ieframe.dll error is caused by file issues, you can get a new copy of Ieframe.dll file from the internet, place it in the correct location and then register the file into the system, the error will be fixed. You can follow the below steps:
- Visit google.com with your browser.
- Search the keyword of ‘download Ieframe.dll’.
- Pick a reputable website to download the dll file.
- Place the downloaded dll file in the folder of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
- And then open Run commend window from Start menu.
- Type in cmd in the run commend window and press enter.
- Type in regsvr32 Ieframe.dll in the appeared black screen and press Enter key to register the file into the system.
Solution 2: uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove program.
- Locate Internet Explorer inside the program list, click Remove.
- Follow the instruction to uninstall the current version of Internet Explorer.
- Visit Microsoft official website to download the version you need.
- Reinstall it into your computer.
If you found the error still persist after performing.
Solution 3: modify registry setting
Note: this solution required using registry editor, if you are not familiar with the related operation, it is suggested that you backup the registry first from the File menu in registry editor, so that you can avoid possible system problems caused by mistaken operation.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type in regedit in the box and hit Enter to open registry editor.
- (backup the registry from File > Export if necessary)
- Press Ctrl + F key on your keyboard.
- Type in ieframe.dll in the find what box and then press Enter.
- Delete \1 from the found registry keys.
Solution 4:Clean and repair registry
Registry corruption is one of the main causes of Ieframe.dll error and other common system problems. To cease the registry corruption and related system error, the direct solution is applying reliable registry cleaner, which will help you automatically clean up corrupted, wasted, and obsolete entries/keys that caused you the Ieframe.dll error. You can follow the below three simple steps:
- Download recommended registry repairer here and install it in your computer.
- Launch the registry tool and the system scan will be started automatically.
- After the scan, click Fix button to manage all found issues.