What is cmmgr32.exe
cmmgr32.exe is a process file and it is usually stored in the location of C:\Windows\System32, cmmgr32.exe is a key component process of microsoft connection manager and is mostly used in Windows 9X and XP system.
cmmgr32.exe related error
For any reason that makes the cmmgr32.exe missing from the system/original location or corrupted, you will receive error messages that cmmgr32.exe file could not be found at the required location.”, and then part of the system function or certain program will stop functioning properly.
Possible cmmgr32.exe error causes
- Virus attack or malware infection that corrupted/damaged the cmmgr32.exe file.
- cmmgr32.exe was mistakenly deleted by user from the system.
- Invalid registry value point to the cmmgr32.exe
How to fix cmmgr32.exe error
1. Restart the system. In case the error is caused by temporary system mis-configuration, it is suggested to restart your computer once after the error appear, believe it or not, it does works sometimes.
2. Perform virus scan. There is no doubt virus infection can cause computers a bunch of errors and even irrevocable damaged to the system, in our survey, we found that cmmgr32.exe error can be caused by virus as well since some of the virus is capable of damaging cmmgr32.exe file or remove it from the computer for malicious purposes. If you have already installed security programs in your computer, you may update the virus definition and then perform a full virus scan over the system, please be informed that, curing the infected computer won’t help you fix cmmgr32.exe error, however, it is the priority, if virus persists in the system, cmmgr32.exe error will properly reappear even you fixed it with other available solution. After done with virus removal, you may start trying out the below solutions.
3. Run the System File Checker. System File Checker is a tool that available in each Windows system, you can use it to check out which file is causing the problem and then replace the file.
- Click Start button of Windows, click Run.
- Type in cmd in the run box and press Enter.
- After the commend prompt pop-up, type in sfc /scannow in it and press Enter again.
- The System File Checker will run automatically to scan all system-related files and then replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions
- If the cmmgr32.exe is damaged, the tool will detect it and repair it automatically.
4. Perform system restore. System restore is also a function that you can access to in every Windows system. Simply go to Start > Program > Accessories > System Tool > System restore, select the option of ‘restore my computer to an earlier time’, click Next, then follow the instruction to carry on the system restore. Typically, this solution would help you fix cmmgr32.exe error and other common computer problems.
5. Perform registry scan & clean. Registry is the most important component of Windows, If you don’t take care of it well, which means to regularly clean out wasted/invalid entries to prevent registry corruption, and there is a high chance for your computer to experience errors and system slow down problems that caused by corrupted registry. cmmgr32.exe error is a typical example of Registry problem, to fix the error, the most efficient way is run a registry cleaner to help you automatically clean up the registry and fix related errors. You can follow the below three simple steps:
- Download recommended registry repairer here and install it in your computer.
- Launch the registry tool and the system scan will be started automatically.
- After the scan, click Fix button to fix cmmgr32.exe error and manage all found issues.