Bassmod.dll is originally come from a music streaming / alteration software named Bassmod by Un4seen Developments. The file is one of the core components of Bassmod as it contains executable code allowing the software to playback recording files or MOD music. Though this file is not related to the system, it can sometimes caused errors that interfere the use of computer.
What cause the errors
- Bassmod.dll file was missing from your system
- Windows registry is corrupt or damaged
- Virus/malware infection
- Computer has outdated drivers
How can I fix Bassmod.dll error
The Bassmod.dll file should be stored in the folder of C:\WINDOWS\system32, you can use the Search function of Windows to see if the file is in place, if you found the file is absent from that location or in somewhere else, that should be the cause of the error. You can try retrieving the missing file to get the error fixed.
If you suspect the file was mistakenly deleted, you can first check out the Windows Recycle Bin which should be located in your desktop, if you found it inside, simply right click on it and select restore button, if not, head to the next solution.
By downloading and replacing the file in your computer can also solve the problem for you. Please follow the below steps to proceed:
- Open your web browser and visit google.com
- Search the term of “download Bassmod.dll”.
- Pick a website to download the file onto your computer.
- Place the downloaded file to the \WINDOWS\system32 folder in the system drive.
- Then go to Start > Run
- Type in ‘cmd’ in the run box (without quotation marks) and hit OK
- You will see a black screen pop-up, type in ‘regsvr32 Bassmod.dll’ (without quotation marks) in it and then press Enter key.
- Now restart your computer to retest the error.
When you perform the above manual steps, you should be careful about the website where you try to download the file, there are many illegimate website out there that offers invalid download recourse, some of them even contain malware, so, before downloading the file, do make sure the website is trusted and clean. If you don’t want to waste time searching for website and performing the manual steps, here is a convenient tool for you — by using DLLSmith, the Bassmod.dll file will be downloaded from valid recourse and registered in the system within three simple steps:
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search Vb6stkit.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and the PSIKey.dll error will be fix by then.
What if the error still persist
For problems like that, these is usually only one explanation, that is your computer might have registry problems. Windows registry is the most important component in the system, it can easily become bloated if you don’t clean the invalid or wasted junk files in it regularly, and than can lead to various system errors like Bassmod.dll in particular as the system is unable to transfer and read data from the registry. To solve this problem is easy, by using a reliable registry cleaner, the registry problems and Bassmod.dll error can be fixed in a minute, so here is three simple steps you need to follow:
- Download and install the registry cleaner here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.