Epm.exe is created as a component of product Acer ePowerManagement by company Acer Value Labs, Taiwan. When you get an error message associated to this file being unable to run on the PC, many related features and applications will lose the efficacy and cause many troubles of computer use. Fortunately, the instruction below will help you fix epm.exe error effectively.
Due to the complex and advanced structure of the computer system, many problems and issues could be the reasons of epm.exe error on the PC. Generally, these are the common causes of the error problem:
- Computer virus or malware infection
- Program uninstallation deletes the file by mistake
- Too many useless files and registries in the computer which cause the ineffective performance
- Associated DLL files encounter the error issue
- Windows registry issues (suffered fragmentation and accumulated invalid entries)
“Acer EPM Device Manager has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem… ”
“epm-dm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. ”
Making clear about what’s the specific cause of the error will be mostly effective to help you fix epm.exe error quickly. Sometimes you can find some clues from the error pop-up, or you will have to consider all the possible causes and try the resolution one by one.
Approaches to fix epm.exe error well
Manual repair – can I stop and remove epm.exe error?
Non-system process means that it is not used and involved in running the computer system, so they will not affect the normal operation and start-up of the system when they are removed. Epm.exe is such a process that not belonging to the Windows operating system, so if you don’t need this process and the related application, you can choose to stop it and uninstall the application on your computer.
Acer ePowerManagement is just the program this process file belonging to, to remove epm.exe, you need to stop the process running on your PC, then uninstall Acer ePowerManagement.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys at the same time, then you will be able to open the Task manager
- Find and select the running process epm.exe, click on End process
- Back to the desktop, click on Start button
- Select Control Panel, then click Uninstall a program
- Then you will see a list of programs, highlight Acer ePowerManagement on the list
- Click the uninstall button to start the removal
- Restart the computer when it is finished
If you are using Windows 8, you can follow this removing way
- Also open the Task Manager, and stop running epm.exe process with the same action
- Back to the desktop, click on the search button in the hidden menu at the right side (you will see the menu when you move the mouse to the bottom right corner)
- Enter Control Panel at the searching box, and open it
- Click Uninstall a program, and choose Acer ePowerManagement
- Click on Uninstall at the top, and process the removal with the instruction
- Restart your computer at the end to refresh the computer system
Automatic repair – fix epm.exe error with professional registry cleaner
Although the manual removal is feasible for resolving the EXE error issue on the computer, the result is not always optimistic for every computer user, because it cannot be avoided that some people have a more complex computer situation, or some easily make some manual errors during the above removal. And moreover, uninstall Acer ePowerManagement with the Windows attached removing utility often leave the invalid registry entries on the system.
If you want a much better way to handle these possible problems and fix epm.exe error well, applying an outstanding registry cleaner will be a good way and is also more suitable for the common users who have limited computer knowledge and experience, because the existed registry issues, overload and invalid registries will all be resolved automatically by the advanced tool.
Most of the error issues on PC often related to the corrupted or invalid registry issues, so performing such a registry scan and remove often can help the people to fix epm.exe error as well as other issues related to the registry. Here are just the steps about how to do a fix for your registry issue:
- Download and install a professional registry cleaner on your computer
- Open the program, and click to scan the whole system
- After that, the scan result will show you the registry issues as well as junk files you need to clean
- Click on the fix button, it will help you solve these problems automatically
- Close the program, and restart your computer.