Does your computer always reports the error 50 and cause some troubles and problems? Are you trying to get rid of it with some common troubleshooting method? This post just focuses on the proper way to help people fix error code 50 on Windows system.
All about the error code
In most cases, people would encounter the Windows error 50 when they are starting the computer system, or the PC is trying to connect to a remote network connection or ISP. When computer reports the error code, it often comes with a sentence which states “The request is not supported“, after that, these invalid processes and problems will occur on the computer:
- Invalid network connection
- Blue Screen of Death
- System registries and other DLL files problems
- Sluggish system performance
- Other processes related to the invalid feature are also blocked and disabled
Why does the Windows get such an error on computer? Many people would have this question and not clear about which part of their computers goes wrong. According to many people’s experiences, this system error issue is often caused by the following situations:
- Related device driver issue
- Program you newly installed makes conflict issue with your computer and some devices
- Problem with the modem on your computer
- Scan and clean virus infections
- Several associated Windows system registries are corrupted or deleted without your knowing
Fix error code 50 effectively with the following instructions
Update the modem driver
- Right-click on “My Computer”, select “Properties” (right-click on the Start button if you are using Windows 8.1)
- Click to open Device Manager, select the specific device you need to update
- Click on the Driver tab, then click on the update button
- Finish the updating process with prompts
- Exit the Device Manager, and reboot your computer
Outdated issue with a device river is a common cause of various problems of related processes and programs on the computer, if you keep the device for a long time without conducting any update for the driver, you can start to fix error code 50 with this method. If it does not work for fixing the PC error, please go to the second step.
Reinstall the modem driver
It is possible that your modem driver is corrupted for some reasons, if updating the driver cannot help you to resolve this error issue or you cannot update it smoothly, in order to fix error code 50, you should go to uninstall the modem driver, then install it again on your computer.
- Open your Windows removing utility in Control Panel
Windows XP — click “Start” > “Control Panel” > “Add/Remove programs”
Windows 7 — click “Start” > “Control Panel” > “Uninstall a program”
Windows 8.1 — right-click on “Start” > “Programs and Features”
- Select the specific modem on the list, then click on the Remove button
- Process the removal with instructions
- Reboot your computer
- Download an install package of the driver on the official website, then install it on your PC
Remove the program you newly installed
Some people just come across the error 50 when they just finished to install a new program and launch it on the computer, it you also get this error problem after installing an application, you should consider to remove the program on your PC, and check the specific version and the compatibility between the program and your Windows system. If you really need it, please check the latest version of it and make sure it can be installed and used on your specific Windows system, then install it again on the computer.
Remove virus infection
It is for certain that the network connection and those associated devices and drivers are often the targets of many viruses and threats, if you unluckily get the infection on your computer without your knowing, those malicious invader will spread their infections on the computer quickly and damage these things and items on your PC, thus error 50 occurs. Therefore, to fix error code 50 with the virus infection problem, you should update your antivirus program’s virus database to the newest version, or apply a brand new and powerful security program to scan your computer’s security, and remove all of infected viruses and malware on the PC.
Clean registry issues to fix error code 50
If you still receive the code 50, please check your computer system registry, there may be something goes wrong with the associated registries inside, finding and repairing those registry problems also can help you fix error code 50 as well. Since the manual repair would easily cause the manual error and delete the indispensable system registries mistakenly, it is not recommended to conduct a manual fix for registry issues because of the high risk, instead, it is suggested to fix the system registry issues with a professional registry error fix tool, it can detect and remove those registry issues automatically on the computer, so that the risky manual error can be avoided and protect the system as well.