Windows error 7 is a system problem that often cause the instability of system performance, and people cannot enjoy the full functions and features of the Windows on PC. When you encounter this problem, what should you do to fix error code 7 well?
Specific error information:
The storage control blocks were destroyed.”
This is the most common error message popping up on your computer after encountering this error 7, it often occurs when you get these problems like invalid system references, corrupted system file or the operating system becomes misconfigured, after that, besides receiving the error notification all the time, you will also be troubled by the following further issues:
- Additional Windows system registry issues
- Sluggish system performance
- Computer gets frozen or crashes frequently
- Additional DLL, EXE or Runtime error
- Infected viruses have been destroy your system settings and files
If you don’t get an instant way to fix error code 7 on the computer, it will gradually trigger many problems and serious system issues. So it is very necessary to find out the real cause of this error and troubleshoot it as early as possible.
Instructions to fix error code 7
Check and fix system registry issues
System registry issue is the biggest cause of Windows error 7, because many registry files stored in the Windows system are necessary components and supporting many Windows features and services. When these files are corrupted or deleted for some reasons, system performance will be affected and many associated errors occur, which including the error code 7. Therefore, to fix error code 7, the first way you should take to repair is checking your system registries, and fix all of problems about them. In additional, cleaning invalid registries is also very necessary for resolving the system overloaded issue, which is often the reason for this error problem.
No matter you are a computer expert or not, it is actually not recommended to editing and removing registry manually, this is because the manual error is easy to be made, then you will be resulted in a more serious system situation and it even causes a irreversible damage for your system. In order to repair registry issues and fix error code 7 in a safer way, an advanced registry error repair tool is much better and more professional to help you find out all of registry errors on the Windows system, then repair these issues effectively as well as cleaning those useless junk files in it.
Install available Windows update
In is inevitable that some bugs and disadvantages in Windows will cause this or that of problems, to fix error code 7 with the possible Windows outdated issue, you should check the available updates for your computer system, and install them on the PC.
- Click to open Windows Start menu, select All Programs
- Click on Windows Update, and you will see the Windows update panel
- Choose “Check for updates” selection on the left pane, then wait for the Windows checking updates for the computer system automatically
- Select to install all o available updates on the computer, and enter your administrator password if it requires a identification confirmation.
Conduct a system file repair
Many invalid system features, services and functions are caused by system file corruption, so it is also an important part you should check to fix error code 7. To scan and fix corrupted system file, System File Checker utility in your Windows system is a good choice to compete the job for free. Here are details about how to run and use System File Checker on the Windows system:
- No matter which Windows operating system you are using now, please activate the Windows search box
- Type “command” in the text box, then hold CTRL + Shift keys at the same time and press Enter
- Click “Yes” in the new pop-up to confirm the action
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the new window with black color, press Enter again
- In this way, System File Checker will be launched and try to help you repair those corrupted system files.
- Restart your computer after completing the repair job.
Uninstall associated programs to fix error code 7
If there is a program which is not compatible with your specific Windows operating system installed on your PC, and error code 7 appears annoyingly after the program’s installation, you will need to do a check for the application, and firstly think about removing it on your computer.
In Windows 7
- Click on Start button, select Control Panel
- Click “Uninstall a program”, then locate the program name on the list
- Click on Uninstall button
- Start to uninstall the program with instructions
- Reboot your PC
In Windows 8
- Right-click on Start icon, select Programs and Features
- Select the target application name, and click Uninstall button
- Finish the removing process, then restart your computer
Keep a regular maintenance for your computer
If you don’t want to be annoyed by troublesome system issues and have to find a way difficultly to repair it like fix error code 7 and fix error code 2, please pay attention to your computer maintenance, this is actually an easy but very effective way to avoid many system problems on the PC, and the regular PC maintenance often means to clean junk files, optimize system registry issues, update Windows system and disk fragmentation. This is also an effective way to enhance the system performance and strengthen the system’s security.