The missing or corrupted wbtapi.dll error is often a hot issue for many computer users, and don’t know how can avoid the annoying error notification and fix the file error well. So now, we get start to fix wbtapi.dll error with the following instructions.
Name: WBTApi DLL
Version: 220.127.116.11 32bit
Language: English – United States
Size: 0.15 Mb
File wbtapi.dll is a dynamic link library belonging to the Bluetooth Software, which is specialized in allowing the computer to communicate and transfer files to other machines, but its corrupted or missing issue would being some troubles for the use of computer.
Reasons of getting the error on PC
- Wbtapi.dll is corrupted, missing or invalid for the improper operations
- Bluetooth software settings are incorrect or removed
- Corruption of the Bluetooth Software
- Windows registry problems
General error messages:
“wbtapi.dll is not found”
“Bluetooth Software was unable to start because wbtapi.dll is not located”
To get rid of the annoying error notification and recover the related Bluetooth services, you will need to fix wbtapi.dll error via replacing wbtapi.dll file, reinstalling the Bluetooth application and repair system registry issues.
Suggestions to fix wbtapi.dll error on computer
Replace the wbtapi.dll file and re-register it on system
One can download the wbtapi.dll file for free on the Internet or from another computer with the same Windows operating system, if you are afraid that it is easily infected by viruses, you can employ a third party professional DLL application.
- Get a new wbtapi.dll file and save on your computer’s hard drive
- Go to the system folder, the general one is “c:\Windows\System32”
- Find out the current wbtapi.dll file and rename it as wbtapi_old.dll
- Move the new wbtapi.dll to the same place to replace the previous one
- Click Start > Run > enter “cmd” and next
- Type “regsvr32Wbtapi.dll” on the black screen > Enter
After that, the DLL file will be replaced and also registered on the Windows system.
Reinstall Bluetooth software
If it does not work for replacing the DLL file to fix wbtapi.dll error, please take a look at your Bluetooth software, and reinstall the program to refresh all of setting and components.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Select Bluetooth software > click Remove button below
- Finish the removal with the instructions, restart the computer
- Remove the Bluetooth software icon and installed folder if they still can be found on the PC
- Download a new install package of Bluetooth software, and install it on the computer again
Repair the associated registry issues to fix wbtapi.dll error
Another big cause of the error issue is from the registry problem, so you should do a scan and repair on your System Registry with an advanced registry fix tool when you still fail to fix wbtapi.dll error after reinstalling the associated application. Considering the System Registry is a vital but also very vulnerable and sensitive database, applying a good registry fix tool to perform a fix for those existed registry problems is currently the most effective solution.