Version.dll with the description of version checking and file installation libraries is a Dynamic-Link Library (DLL) file in the Windows operating system. It contains many application programming interface functions, and frequently used to check the Windows system version and perform other specific features and functions on the PC, so it is not good for your computer if this file is deleted or corrupted.
Version.dll error messages:
“The file VERSION.DLL is missing.”
“Cannot start this program required component is missing: VERSION.DLL. Please install the application again.”
While you are always disturbed by these annoying error messages on your computer, I am afraid that you are unfortunately getting the version.dll error problem, which should be fixed well with the instant solution.
General reasons of the error issue:
- Corrupted or missing version.dll file
- Windows startup error
- Malware or virus infection
- System registry issues
- Outdated Windows system version affect the performance of this DLL file
What are the results of having the problem?
- Computer running speed become much slower
- Program and computer freeze frequently
- System crashes of encounters Blue Screen of Death error
- Computer shutdown undesirably
- High CPU usage
- Many applications have many problems about their operation the computer
Available instructions to repair version.dll error
Restart your computer
If this is the first time you get the version.dll error message, you can try to restart your computer to fix this problem, because in some cases, it is just a temporary problem on your Windows system.
Update Windows operating system to fix version.dll error
When restarting the computer system does not help to fix version.dll error, please go to install the newest update of your Windows operating system. For the improvement of Windows system, Microsoft corporation will often develop and release some updates of the Windows system, installing these updates does not only help you to optimize the system structure, but also repair many problems and vulnerabilities in the previous one, and the DLL error might be also fixed well.
All of Windows update will be released on the Microsoft’s official website, you can go to check whether your computer system is out of date and install the corresponding update from its download resource.
Reinstall version.dll file
There is a circumstance that the version.dll file is damaged or deleted by your improper operations on the computer, so that create the version.dll corrupted or missing error problems. In this case, you will need to install a brand new version.dll file on its original location.
Steps to let you install a new version.dll file:
- Step 1: Download version.dll from Internet or copy from another computer
- Step 2: go to the path where the file is located (system folder), remove the current file if it is found at there
- Step 3: copy and paste the new version.dll file on its default location
- Step 4: click on Start menu >>> Run >>> type “cmd” >>> press Enter
- Step 5: type “regsvr 32version.dll” in the command prompt >>> press Enter
Check and fix system registry issues
To fix version.dll error in a more effective way, you also need to repair the Windows registry issues on your computer which is often the big cause of this error problem. However, many people think that it is not an easy task to handle these issues in the important but also sensible Windows system, because any manual error in this place will easily make the system crash! Considering the high risk and difficulty of repairing system registry, it is advised to employ a professional registry error fix application, which can replace you to fix version.dll error well via repairing those related registries.