Sdl.dll file description
What is Sdl.dll, where does it come from, many people may wonder these question when receiving the annoying Sdl.dll error, this file actually comes from a application named Simple DirectMedia Layer to control the video playback function for PC games, there are quite a number of popular games that require the application to run, and without a proper functioning sdl.dll file, your computer may receive errors while starting up or trying to launch certain games
The Sdl.dll error you encountered can be caused one either one of the below factors.
- The Sdl.dll file is absent from your computer
- Or the file has been damaged and become unreadable for the system
- System is unable to access to the data from registry to run Sdl.dll file
- The Simple DirectMedia Layer program was installed unproperly or incompletely.
Solutions to fix Sdl.dll error
According to different causes, here we listed a couple of solutions for you, you may try the right one that suitable for your particular situation. If you are unable to identify what exactly caused the Sdl.dll error on your computer, you can try out the below solutions one by one, there should be one that could help you out.
Scan for virus/malware
Malware or virus attack can easily damaged the system components and software you installed within, this can be one of the causes for Sdl.dll error. If you have a anti-malware program installed, go run a full scan for your system to see if there is any infection going on. This could help you to make sure that the error won’t reappear.
Retrieve the Sdl.dll file
Most of the time Sdl.dll error happen because the file is absent from the system. You may first open the Windows search tool or go to the folder of C:\WINDOWS\system32 to check out whether the Sdl.dll file is still in the system, if not, follow the below steps to get a new copy of it.
- Open any web browser you installed.
- Use search engines like google or bing to search the term of download Sdl.dll.
- Pick a website from the result to download the file onto your local computer
- Place the downloaded file to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder of your computer.
- Click Start > Run
- Type “cmd” in the box and hit OK
- Type “regsvr32 sdl.dll” on the black screen Press Enter
Note: This manual steps can be a bit complicated, also you should pay attention that the website you choose to download the dll file is legitimate, do not download from unknown or poor reputation site to avoid virus infection or invalid file download.
Alternative solution(recommended): download Sdl.dll file and fix error automatically
By using DLLSmith, you will be able to get the Sdl.dll file downloaded and error fixed automatically within this three steps:
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search common.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and the Physxcooking.dll error will be fix by then.
Reinstall the program of Simple DirectMedia Layer
By doing so can also help you get a fresh copy of Sdl.dll file back in your system since the file originally comes from the program. You can click here to download Simple DirectMedia Layer, and activate the downloaded setup file and install it on your computer, then retest the error again.
Remove registry corruption
If you tried out the above solution but turned out the error still persist, don’t be so surprise, there must be something wrong happen in your computer registry. Registry is like the brain of your computer, it is the core in every Windows system, not only it stores all the computer data (hardware & software) but also it literally controls all the system functions, however, registry could become sluggish or corrupted overtime if you don’t regularly clean up the invalid and obsolete entires inside, this can often trigger many system problems for example DLL/EXE errors like Sdl.dll error, if you suspect the your computer has such problem, follow the below three simple steps to fix your computer registry and Sdl.dll error:
- Download and install the registry cleaner here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.