What is Rpcrt4.dll
Rpcrt4.dll is a dynamic link library file which is associated Windows network and Internet connections, the file originally comes from Remote Procedure Call program, there are times the Remote Procedure Call program was removed incorrectly which lead to the absent of Rpcrt4.dll, or the Rpcrt4.dll file just got deleted by means like mistaken operation or virus, all these factors can bring you the Rpcrt4.dll error and cause troubles to your computer. If you are experiencing the Rpcrt4.dll error and have no clue how to deal with it, refer to the below instruction.
Typically, when you encounter Rpcrt4.dll error, you may not be able to run certain applications in your computer, also, part of the network associated function may fail to work properly. The Rpcrt4.dll error can sometimes be brought by registry problems, leaving the error in your computer unfixed may generate more unexpected problems like system slow down, memory error, system halt/freeze, blue screen of death, etc, so it is suggested to fix it promptly once seem.
Rpcrt4.dll error fix solutions
1. Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder or use the Windows search function to check out if the Rpcrt4.dll file is still in your computer, if not, go download a copy of the file from the internet and place it to your computer system, this could most likely help you fix the error. You can follow the below steps:
- Visit google.com with your we browser
- Search Rpcrt4.dll download
- From the search result, pick a website to download the file onto your computer.
- Place the downloaded file to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder
- Click Start button > Run
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 Rpcrt4.dll” on the window and press Enter.
Note: please keep in mind that, do not download dll file from websites that have poor reputation or have no authorised and valid download recourse, some of those website even contains virus, to download files from which could only make things worse.
2. If you search the Rpcrt4.dll file on your computer and found multiple copy of it or the file is in another location other than C:\WINDOWS\system32, your computer might got infected by virus. Go run a full virus scan over your system with antivirus tools like Mcafee, Norton, Kaspersky, these tool can dig out every possible threat that hidden in your computer and remove them for you,
3. For any system errors, you can always use the System restore tool to get it fix, you don’t need to download the tool from anywhere, it is available in every Windows system, you can reach the tool from Start > Program > Accessories >System Tool < System restore, after you open the system restore tool, click the option of “restore my computer to previous status”, and click Next, if you have created a restore point before, just select a restore point then click Next to continue, the whole restore process would take only you a while.
4. Sometimes registry problem can be responsible for the Rpcrt4.dll Error. Registry is like the brain of the computer, it contains data for every piece of installed hardware/software or file of your computer, if the registry gone corrupted, Windows won’t be able to access and read the Rpcrt4.dll files properly when needed, and that is often the cause behind Rpcrt4.dll Error, to fix such problem, you need to apply a reliable registry cleaner that help you to clean up the corrupted and invalid registry data, and all the strange error will be gone for good. You can follow the below three simple steps to get the problem managed:
- Download and install the registry cleaner here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.