The file of Physxcooking.dll is part of the NVidia PhysX driver, which is vital to ensure the proper running of many computer games, if the Physxcooking.dll file become damaged or absent, the driver will not be able to deliver its function of computing a large number of “physics” features for relative games, this would result in physxcooking.dll error and you will not be able to run the game that required PhysX driver.
PhysxCooking.dll errors causes
In order to manage the PhysxCooking.dll error, you need to take many possibilities into consideration and then adopt the corresponding solution to fix it. Typically physxcooking.dll errors can be generated if your computer has one of the below problems
- PhysxCooking.dll file has been damaged and become unreadable for the system
- PhysxCooking.dll file has been deleted from your system
- The computer is attacked by Malware or virus
- There are errors or corruption in the Windows registry database
- The NVidia PhysX driver was not install properly.
How to fix PhysxCooking.dll errors properly
Restart the computer
If you unfortunately receive the PhysxCooking.dll error when using your computer, stay calm and try a reboot of the computer, this could help you revise certain system mis-configuration problem that may temporarily lead to PhysxCooking.dll error.
Get a new copy of PhysxCooking.dll file
You can try searching the PhysxCooking.dll file on your computer by using the Search function of Windows to see whether the file is exist in your computer. If you can not locate the file, that may indicated the file has been removed from your computer, to fix the error, please follow the blow steps to get a new copy of PhysxCooking.dll file.
- Visit google.com or any other well – known search engine like Yahoo or Bing.
- Type “PhysxCooking.dll download” in the search section and hit Search button
- This enquiry could help you find out websites that offers PhysxCooking.dll download recourse, pick a trusted website from the result to download the file.
- Save the file onto your local computer.
- Place the downloaded file to the location of C:\WINDOWS\system32
- Go to Start > Run
- Type in cmd and hit OK button
- Use the regsvr32 PhysxCooking.dll commend to install the file on your computer.
- Reboot your computer
You should be aware that there are many websites offer invalid dll file download recourse, some of them even contains virus, if you have no idea how to tell which website is legitimate and trusted, we recommend you to use DLLSmith, a professional dll fix tool that automatically download the needed dll file and fix relative errors for you, all you need is to perform the below three steps:
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search common.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and the Physxcooking.dll error will be fix by then.
Reinstall the NVidia Physx driver
- Click on the Start button of the Windows
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- You should find NVidia PhysX in the program list, highlight it and click the Remove button.
- Follow the instruction to uninstall it.
- Download a new copy of PhysX driver
- Open the setup file to reinstall it in the computer again
- Restart the computer to retest the error.
Fix registry corruption
You may not clear about the connect between Windows registry and PhysxCooking.dll error, actually Windows registry stores all the data needed to run every dll file of your computer, if it gone corrupt or clogged up, the system will not be able to access to the data when dll file was called by related programs, that’s often the cause behind PhysxCooking.dll error. If you haven’t clean up the registry for a very long time, your computer is probably has registry problems that cause the PhysxCooking.dll error, by using a reliable registry cleaner, this problem can be fixed in seconds. Here is how to do:
- Download and install the registry cleaner here.
- Open it and click “Scan” button to diagnose the computer.
- Wait for the scan finish, click “Fix All” button to fix all the found problems.