Are you frustrated about receiving Osetup.dll error? trying hard to get it fixed? Osetup.dll is a third party dll file which is usually stored in the location of C:\Program Files. This file is constantly used by Microsoft Office 2007 Suite and responsible to run relative processes and plugins, normally this file won’t cause problems & errors unless it is corrupted or missing for some reasons.
Osetup.dll error causes
Everything happens for (a) reasons, Osetup.dll error is no exception, the show up of such error usually indicates that your computer is having one or several of the below problems.
- Osetup.dll file was removed mistakenly from your system.
- Your computer has been infected by virus and Osetup.dll file was damaged by it.
- Windows registry is bloated and can not function properly.
- Office 2007 was installed improperly or incompletely.
Typical error messages
- “Cannot start [Application name]. A required component is missing: osetup.dll. please install [Application name] again.”
- “X:\outlookr.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present.”
- “Osetup.dll Not Found”
If you are having the similar errors as mentioned above in your computer, you can refer to the blow instruction to fix Osetup.dll error asap.
Solutions to Osetup.dll error
Solution 1: manually replace the Osetup.dll file.
If the error was caused by file missing problems, you can download the Osetup.dll file from the internet and manually replace it in your system, this would help you fix Osetup.dll error in such case. Before you start this fix, you should be careful about the website that you download files from, avoid those low reputation websites as there might be virus or malware hidden inside.
- Visit google.com.
- Search the keyword of download Osetup.dll.
- Download the file from a trusted website and save it onto your local drive
- Copy the downloaded file, paste it to this folder where you installed Microsoft Office 2007 Suite
- Reboot your computer.
Solution 2: update or reinstall Microsoft Office 2007 Suite
By doing so, all the problematic/missing file in the installation folder will be overwritten or replaced.
- First run the Add/Remove Program From Control Panel
- Locate Microsoft Office 2007 Suite and click Remove button.
- Follow the given instruction to remove it from your computer,
- Download a new copy of the Office 2007 Suite installation file from Microsoft official site (or insert the installation CD that you have.)
- Reinstall Office 2007 Suite and restart your computer
- Test the error again.
Scan and clean registry
Registry is the key component of all Windows – base computer, not only it stores important data but also controls many important Windows function. However, keep installing and uninstalling application will leave wasted/invalid data inside the registry and will eventually jam the registry, and causing various dll/exe errors as well as system slow down problem. If you tried out the above solution but Osetup.dll still keeping popping up, this error might have something to do with registry problem, simply perform the below three easy steps, and Osetup.dll error will be fixed:
- Step 1: Install the fix tool in your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the tool and click scan button
- Step 3: Click ‘Fix All‘ button to fix registry issues it detected on your computer.