Npptools.dll is a system DLL with the file size of 26.6 kb, this file is stored in the location of C:\WINDOWS\system32 and is responsible for helping the software installation on your computer. This file is continually being used by the system, but people also experienced error related to this file from time to time due to reasons like file damaged, corrupted or misplaced. If you found your computer is in trouble with Npptools.dll error, refer to the below solutions to get it fixed.
Typical error message you would see
- “Npptools.dll was not found”
- “The file npptools.dll is missing”
- “This [software name] failed to start as the system was unable to locate npptools.dll. Reinstalling the [software name] may fix the error”
Npptools.dll error causes
The clue we can get from the error message is that the error happened because the Npptools.dll file was absent from the system, but it is not always that simple, there are times the file missing was caused by malware infection, which is able to hanged, altered or deleted certain files on your system, file missing can also caused by improper software uninstallation or registry problems. You may need to evaluate the possible causes of the error you experiencing and the adopt the proper solution to fix it properly.
How to fix Npptools.dll error
Scan for malware/virus infection
As malware/virus infection is one of the factor that could bring you the Npptools.dll error, in order to get the error fix completely and ensure it won’t reappear again, it is suggested to run the anti-malware/virus program on your computer to detect and remove any possible infections.
Replace a copy of Npptools.dll file to the system
If a file was missing from your system and caused you errors, the best solution is to get a new copy of the file and place it back to the system. You can follow the below steps to download the file from the internet.
- Visit google.com or other search engine like Yahoo or Bing.
- Type Npptools.dll download in the search box and hit the Search button.
- Pick a reliable website to download the file onto your local computer.
- Place the downloaded file to the location of C:\WINDOWS\system32 (the letter “C” represent the system drive letter, you may verify it according to your situation)
- Go to Start > Run
- Use the “regsvr32 npptools.dll” to install the file into the system, other the error won’t get fixed as the file is not take effect.
- Reboot the system to if the error happen again.
Alternative: If you are not good at using search engine to find a reliable website to download the file you need, and to avoid running into virus-contained website, we suggest you to use DLLSmith to help you download and fix the dll error automatically, all you need is to perform three steps:
- Download DLLSmith here and install it in your PC.
- Launch the fix tool and the program will automatically search common.dll from authorised recourse.
- Click Download and Fix Now button to download the dll file on to your PC, the program will automatically install the dll file onto your system and the Npptools.dll error will be fix by then.
Fix Registry problem
Windows registry stores all the data of DLL file, if you don’t regularly clean up the registry for invalid and obsolete entries, the registry could easily become jammed and the system will not be able to access the data needed to run certain DLL file, this not only cause you DLL error but also affect the whole system performance, if you suspect the Npptools.dll error is connected to the registry issue, then performing a registry clean up/repair with a reliable registry cleaner should be the most effective solution to help you fix the error. Since there are so many registry cleaner out there and you may not known which one should be trust, in order to help you away from some kind of registry cleaner scam, you can download the registry cleaner here which is tested and recommended by our experts, install it on your computer and follow the instruction to repair the registry, all the problem will be fix within a few minutes.