msls31.dll is a system dll file which usually is stored in the location of %Temp%\ in the system drive. This file is vital for many Windows programs (like Internet Explorer) as the msls31.dll enables these program to work with Unicode. If this file gone corrupted or got deleted mistakenly, all the Unicode – employed program will stop function properly and you’ll receive the following msls31.dll error message subsequently:
- “An unhandled exception has occurred in msls31.dll and will now close”
- “IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module msls31.dll”
Solutions to troubleshot msls31.dll error
1. If the msls31.dll error popped – up when you are trying to open Internet Explorer, it may caused by the out-dated or problematic service pack of IE. You can go visit Microsoft office website and download the latest service pack for Internet Explorer version 5.01, and then follow the instruction to install it.
2. Check out whether the msls31.dll file still inside your computer system. The missing of the dll file could be one of the possible cause of msls31.dll error, you can first confirm the existence of the file by using Windows search function, if the file can not be found in the system, it is suggested to run a malware/virus scan as the file may be deleted by threat infection, scan and remove malware/virus can prevent the problem from getting worse. As for the missing msls31.dll file, you can follow the below steps to get a fresh copy of it to fix the msls31.dll error.
- Open your web browser and visit google.com.
- Search the keyword of download msls31.dll and hit Enter.
- From the search result, select a reliable dll download website to download the file and save onto your local computer.
- Place the file to its original location.
- Restart your computer.
- Reopen IE and see if the error still popping up.
3. There is another solution that could fix msls31.dll and other problem that exist in your computer once for all, which is using Windows restore function, Windows system restore is a build in tool that you can find it in every Windows system version. You can access to this tool from Start > All program > Accessories > System tool, click System Restore to open it, the on-screen instruction will guide you finish the system restore step by step, this would help you restore your system to previous healthy status before the msls31.dll error happen. This is pretty much the most powerful way to fix msls31.dll error and other existing problem on your computer, but on one condition, which is there should be a restore point that you created before, otherwise this resort will be not feasible for you.
4. What if the problem still persist? Sometimes the error just reappear even you tried out the above solution, it is not surprise if your computer registry is mass up. A problematic registry condition could lead to various annoying computer errors and problems, if you seldom or even never clean up your computer registry, there is a big chance that msls31.dll error was caused by registry problem, for situation like that, you should take immediate action to clean and fix the registry, the best way to get this done is using a reliable registry tool, you can easily find such program on the internet, for your convenient, you can directly download the registry tool here which is recommended by our expert group, install it in your computer, then follow the wizard to repair and clean up your computer registry, this should help you fix msls31.dll error instantly.