Mcupdmgr.exe, also named McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager or McAfee Update Manager Service, is a process file on the McAfee Security product that used to protect your computer system. However, do you encounter some mcupdmgr.exe errors on your computer?
The mcupdmgr.exe at “0x059a3kf” referenced memory could not be written.
This application has failed to start to run on Windows because mcupdmgr.exe cannot be found.
Why people would encounter the mcupdmgr.exe error problem? Actually, it can be triggered by many other computer problems or your improper actions on the computer, such as:
- The mcupdmgr.exe file is deleted for the incorrect program removal
- McAfee security product on your computer is corrupted
- Malware or virus attack
- Windows system registry encounter some error problems
Although this process file is not an indispensable Windows core file and should be stayed on your Windows system, it will be a greatly important part when you are installing the McAfee security product to protect your computer from virus invasion in the daily life. And the mcupdmgr.exe error will create these troubles on your PC:
- Related error messages always bombard your computer
- Cannot use the McAfee product
- Computer become vulnerable and easily invaded by outside attacker
What’s the way can fix mcupdmgr.exe error on PC?
One way – clean infected virus infections
Is mcupdmgr.exe a virus on the computer? Many people have this confusion about this process file, because they haven’t seen it before, or it triggers some strange phenomena on the computer. If you also have this question, you can check your computer in this way.
The mcupdmgr.exe file is located in a McAfee subfolder of “C:\Program Files“, if you find it in anywhere else, please check your computer security and remove all of malicious or suspicious components.
- Update your security program to the newest version
- Scan the computer thoroughly, there will be a scan result presents
- Select all of components on the result, click the remove button
Another way – reinstall McAfee product
Corrupted McAfee program also can result in this error problem on the computer. To fix mcupdmgr.exe error in this case, you can go to remove the current McAfee security program completely, and reinstall a new one on your PC. Considering the corrupted McAfee may not be able to be removed completely with the Windows uninstall utility. It is suggested to uninstall McAfee with a third party uninstall tool.
- Install and start the uninstall tool on your computer
- Select the McAfee program on its program lits, click on the remove
- Follow the instructions to uninstall McAfee thoroughly
- Restart your computer, and install a new McAfee on your PC
In this way, all of components which including the mcupdmgr.exe file will be refreshed and you will be able to use the application again.
Most recommended way – fix mcupdmgr.exe error with Registry Fixer
The big cause of this error issue is registry error problem, this is because there are many system registries closely connect to the effective performance of McAfee security program, and the mcupdmgr.exe process should be performed with the support of many registry files on the Windows system, when one or some of these files are corrupted, missing or outdated, it will immediately lead the mcupdmgr.exe file cannot be operate or start up on the computer, so that make your computer cannot be protected well by the McAfee product. To fix this issue, you will need a professional Registry Fixer to repair these registry errors well as quickly as possible.
- Download and install a good Registry Fixer on the computer
- Use the fixer to scan the whole Windows system
- Choose all of errors on the scan result, click on the fix button
- Reboot your computer when it is completed