Hid.dll error message displays on the computer:
“Microsoft Windows Operating System was not able to start because hid.dll is not located”
“C:\windows\system32\HID.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or this file contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support”
Do you know what happen when you got these error messages on your computer? These error messages actually indicate that your computer system is unfortunately encounter the hid.dll error problem, which may trigger some problems of the use of computer.
Hid.dll file is a dynamic link library module of the Microsoft Windows Operating System application that often used for the user interface devices, once the file encounter some error problems and cannot be found or read by the Windows system, you will not be able to activate the related applications but receive the hid.dll error message instead, so you need to fix hid.dll error when it appears on your PC.
General causes of the hid.dll error
- Virus or malware attacks
- Mis-deletion of the hid.dll file
- File hid.dll is corrupted or unreadable
- Associated registry entry is damaged or missing on the Windows system
- Related driver is out-dated
To avoid those related programs and system services are disable by the DLL error issue, and many troublesome issues, you should take some ways to fix hid.dll error as soon as possible.
Available ways to fix hid.dll error on computer system
One way – do a thorough scan and removal of the infected virus in computer
- Download and install a good antivirus program on PC
- Open the antivirus program to scan the whole computer system, wait for the scan result
- When the scan result appears, select all of the infected viruses it detected
- Click on the removing button
When the computer is unfortunately invaded by malicious viruses or malware, many programs, files and registries will be easily damaged or removed on the computer system, in some cases, the hid.dll file will be damaged and cause the DLL error problem. To fix hid.dll error in this situation, it is necessary to clean the malicious attacks on PC.
Another way – replace the old hid.dll file with a new one
- Download and install a new hid.dll file which is compatible with your Windows operating system
- Open where the old hid.dll file locates on your computer, remove it or rename it as hid_backup.dll
- Move the new file on the default location, and back to the computer desktop.
- Open “Start” >>> “Run” >>> type “cmd” on the running text box
- Type “regsvr32_hid.dll” on the next, and Enter
Manually replacing the old hid.dll file with a new one can solve the hid.dll corrupted or missing problem, but some people may not know how to do the replacing job, which will be easy to create some errors, if you have little knowledge about the computer system, try the following way.
Last but most effective way – fix hid.dll error with advanced registry cleaning tool
- Install a professional registry cleaner on the computer
- Activate the registry cleaner to scan the computer system
- Choose all of registry issues this cleaner found on your PC
- Click on the fix icon, and restart the computer system when it is finished
Many computers may be very familiar with the antivirus program but know little about the registry cleaner, but it is currently the most effective way to fix hid.dll error and other annoying and troublesome error issues on Windows system, it is able to find out those registry errors on the PC, and offer the automatic and complete repair to get them fixed effectively.