“I just got this error code not even 5 minutes ago and it seems to be popping up every 5-10 seconds with the option of ‘Update profile’ and “Dismiss” When I hit ‘Update profile’ it doesn’t do anything and the error comes right back. What can I do?”
Windows OS uses different error codes to represent various issues. So you can say the error happened for a reason. The problems is where to start the repair? Error Code 67 is quite the beast. People bump into it almost every day when attempting to activate their phones. Firstly you might need to understand what the code means, then find the corresponding solutions. If you are already reading this page, you got them.
Here are several methods to fix Error Code 67. I hope through reading this page, you can successfully resolve the problems and learn something useful.
Fix Error Code 67 by Reset The Existing Carrier Data
1. Fire up the dialer application
2. It will ask you for your password or “MSL” – Your MSL can be found in the Accounts page of your RingPlus Dashboard494
3. Click “Done” or click “OK” until your phone reboots.
Fix Error Code 67 by Automatic PRL Update
This process should give your phone the new phone number and required information to make calls and send text messages.
1. From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
3. Tap More.
4. Tap Mobile networks.
5. Tap Carrier settings.
6. Tap Update PRL.
7. After the update completes, tap OK.
If the PRL Update fails with an error code, proceed to Manually Provisioning Your Phone Number below!
Fix Error Code 67 by Manually Provisioning Your PRL Update
1. Fire up the dialer application
2. Dial ##MSL# (Your MSL can be found in the Accounts page of your RingPlus Dashboard5)
3. Choose “Edit”
4. Click on “MDN” or “Phone Number”
5. Enter your 10-digit phone number (without any hyphens or punctuation)
6. Click “Done”
7. If necessary, click on “MSID”
8. Enter the 10-digit MSID that is found in the Accounts page of your RingPlus Dashboard. Note: Please remove all of the zero’s!
9. Click “Done” or continue to click “Done” until your phone reboots.
You should now be able to make phone calls and texts! Next comes setting up your data connection.
Fix Error Code 67 by Enabling Data by running a Profile Update (Android)
1. Strongly Recommended:
Connect to a local WiFi signal. If you get an error at any point that says “No update available,” connecting to a WiFi network will allow the handset to go over the Internet and reach the provisioning servers.
2. Hold down the “Home” button or click on the “Application” icon
3. Click “Settings”
4. Click “System Updates” – depending on your version of Android (2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, etc…) this may also require you to swipe side-to-side to find it on a different screen.
5. Click “Update Profile”. The device will connect via the internet and provision your data.
6. Your phone will now reboot and when it comes back up, you should have full data!
This process will likely reset your MMS as well – if you’d like MMS to function, you’ll probably need to Update Your MMS / MMSC URL
Other Things You Can Do to Fix Error Code 67
- Run drive utilities, and remove some useless applications to free up some drive space.
- Scan your PC with an antivirus software to check for virus, Trojan and malware.
- Check whether your drives are available for updates, and do the update.
- Remove all the peripherals or needless applications, reboot your computer, and check whether this error still persists.
Better Approach to Fix Error Code 67
In case you don’t want to read the above tutorials and perform the steps carefully, we prepared this effective helper for your choice. To fix Error Code 67, there are only a few steps to take:
1. Install the safe Registry repair tool by clicking the green download button on the page.
(Both the file and the program folder after installation are small-sized.)
2. Run the tool, and click the Start Scan Now button to find all the existing issues on your system.
(This is to quickly detect what problems you’re having and where they are. A list will be displayed, on which you can select those you want to fix.)
3. Hit the Fix All button to fix Error Code 67 and other detected problems.
(Repair all of these with only one click. Isn’t it amazing?)
For general users, the best way to fix Error Code 67 is using a safe repair tool that is user-friendly taking small space on computer drive, like the above-mentioned. This kind of program can at the same time detect all the current issues on your machine, and list the relevant details in case you need to know. And no negative consequences will bother you after the repair.
During the long-term use of your PC, redundant things including cache files, useless installation packages and program leftovers will be accumulated, taking more and more space on drives. And those problems you left behind would also make things worse as time goes by. It’s wise to termly maintain the working environment on your PC for its better performance and your experience using it.