This error happens on the Windows operating system during a Realtek High Definition driver installation. The installation process freezes when installing the bus drivers for audio in Windows. Before successfully doing that, you need to fix Error Code 0xe0000227 first.
Fixing this error is not that hard. This is technically a driver problem and it can be solved when the proper drivers are installed. Downloading the latest drivers for Realtek high definition driver for Windows XP from the relevant website is one of the solutions. Then you can re-install the latest downloaded drivers after uninstalling the previous drivers for the UAA high definition bus driver for Microsoft. Once the drivers are installed without problems, the Realtek Error 0xe0000227 will go away. Uninstallig and reinstalling the driver can be done through the device manager.
Windows Error Codes can be cryptic and frustrating. Just check out this Hardware instruction to fix Error Code 0xe0000227 and keep it from occurring again.
What You Can Do to Fix Error Code 0xe0000227 on Your PC
The error sometimes happens with a new installation of Windows OS, and causes the sound to malfunction along with issues installing the audio driver. One way to try and fix Error Code 0xe0000227:
1. Click on Start on your main toolbar at the bottom of the desktop screen.
2. Select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
3. When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on System and then select Hardware.
4. When the menu appears, select Devices by Connection; and in the new window, right-click on Bus Driver for Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio to disable and uninstall.
Following this process you should be able to fix Error Code 0xe0000227, and install the Realtek High Definition driver through the regular process and without receiving the error code. It will also be necessary to reboot your computer after installing the driver for the changes to take place.
If you are still having difficulties with the error, it can be due to a conflict between Service Pack 3 and Service Pack 2. Try steps below to fix Error Code 0xe0000227:
1. Click on Start and select Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
3. Make sure all components of Realtek Audio are removed including the Intel High Definition Audio.
4. Changing the CSDVersion registry key to Windows S2 by clicking on Start, and then selecting Run.
5. In the Command Prompt type in regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then double-click on the Software Microsoft folder, and select the Windows NT folder.
6. Make sure you have backed up the registry before attempting the next step in case any possible mistakes.
7. Select Current Version, and change the CSDVersion registry key to CSDVersion value=200.
8. Disable the UAA as described above.
9. Go to the Intel’s official site to download the KB888111 patch. Install the Patch and then proceed with the installation of Realtek drivers.
10. Return to the registry and change the CSDVersion value back to 300.
11. Reboot your computer to completely fix Error Code 0xe0000227.
Better Solution to Fix Error Code 0xe0000227 Easily
To fix Error Code 0xe0000227, using some help from a third-party tool instead of doing it yourself can save a lot of time and unnecessary troubles for you. This tool will automatically detect, locate, analyze and repair the current errors appeared on your PC. See if it is efficient enough to meet your requirement:
1. Install the safe “Registry repair tool” by clicking the green download button on the page.
2. Run the tool, and click the “Scan Now” button to find all the existing issues on your system.
3. Hit the “Fix All” button to fix Error Code 0xe0000227 along with other detected issues.
Then you may restart your PC to take effect. This could help you get rid of all the current problems related to the Windows Registry, where most common users have no idea how to take correct actions.
How to Find Other Error Codes in Device Manager
If problems still persist on your device for some reason, try to locate your error code to make sure what issue is messing with your device and what the code means (e.g. How to Fix Error Code 1024?), so that you will know where to start the repair. How to find them:
1. Open Device Manager by successively clicking the Start button > Control Panel > System and Security > Device Manager under System.
2. Double-click the device type suffering from the problem.
3. Right-click on the said device, and select Properties. This is to open the device’s Properties dialog box, where you will see the error code in the Device status area.
Using Device Manger, you can view and update the device drivers installed on your computer, check to see if hardware is working properly, and modify hardware settings. For more information, read Update a driver for hardware that isn’t working properly.
Note: This method does not apply to every Windows error code generated by Device Manage. So if you are seeking solutions for those that are not listed, you can directly contact the hardware device manufacturer’s technical support or Microsoft Support for assistance.