Error code 0x80070002 often indicates an update error issue of your Windows system, when the error message always keep on the screen, it will cause a series of problems of system update and computer performance. So you should think about how to fix error code 0x80070002 instantly on your computer.
Windows error code 0x80070002 usually display when people are trying to check for updates, or installing updates on the system. And it will make you unable to complete the Windows update, and your computer also cannot transmit associated files effectively. A big cause of this Windows update error is that some files required by the update cannot be transmitted with success.
As it is a Windows error that related to the Windows system performance on your computer, you should fix error code 0x80070002 as soon as possible. Otherwise, I am afraid that you will have to meet a lot of troubles and system problems. Such as:
- Invalid and outdated Windows features and services
- Sluggish PC performance
- Incompatible issue between the newly installed programs and outdated Windows system
- Blue Screen of Death
- Associated DLL or Runtime error issues occur
To fix error code 0x80070002, you should firstly get to know what cause the Windows updated files unable to be transmitted on your computer, then take the proper resolutions to get rid of this error code on your PC.
Tutorials on how can fix error code 0x80070002
Firstly, stop Windows update service
Since the error issue cause you unable to finish the Windows update, you should firstly consider to stop the update service on your PC, and then try to repair the error well with available resolutions at the following content.
Tips to disable Windows update service manually
- Please make sure you log in your computer as administrator
- Click on Start button, select Control Panel
- Type “administrative tools” in the search text box of Control Panel, and hit Enter
- Click on Administrative Tools in search result, and double-click on Services
(please enter your administrator password if it is necessary)
- Arrange all of names in reverse order, and find Windows Update service
- Right-click on it, and click Stop
Secondly, delete temporary update files
Since the Windows update has been stopped and your computer receive the error code 0x80070002 instead. You should consider to delete all of these incomplete updated files and folders to avoid and fix error code 0x80070002, and try to fix your system problems. Then, you could try again to update your Windows operating system.
- Click on Start button, select Computer
- Click on the Windows system disk (generally drive C), click to open Windows folder
- Continue to open SoftwareDistribution folder, then DataStore folder
- Delete all of contents (all of files and folders) in this folder, and back to the SoftwareDistribution folder
- Empty the Download folder (please also remember to confirm the modification with your administrator password when it is needed)
Thirdly, scan and fix system registry issues
Besides clean up all of unsuccessful updates, I think you also need to conduct a scan and fix for your system registry issues, because the invalid system registry is also the possible reason for the Windows update problem. Therefore, in order to fix error code 0x80070002 and update your computer system smoothly. You should perform a registry error fix for your Windows system.
- Apply an advanced Registry Cleaner on your PC
- Start the complete system scan to find all of registry issues
- When it is completed, choose to fix all of detected registry problems automatically
- Restart your computer
Fourthly, try to restart Windows update services
After removing all of unsuccessful update files and processes, and fix system registry issues as well. You can try to perform a Windows update again to see whether you have been fixed error code 0x80070002 and can update the Windows system smoothly.
- Click on Start again, Control Panel
- Also type “administrative tools” in the search box and open Administrative Tools
- Find and right-click on the Windows Update service, select Start
- When Windows Update is finished, close all of windows and restart your computer
If you also unable to fix error code 0x80070002 as well as complete the Windows update, I would like to suggest you to use the System Update Readiness Tool
Fifth, fix error code 0x80070002 with System Update Readiness Tool
What’s System Update Readiness Tool?
System Update Readiness Tool is an advanced application provided by Microsoft and specialized in troubleshooting problems that could affect the installation of Windows updates and services packs. It has no a great power that can resolve all of update problems, but it will be a good choice for you to apply and fix this error code on your PC.
How can fix error code 0x80070002 with the advanced application?
Download and install a System Update Readiness Tool from the Microsoft download resource
Restart your computer, and check for updates again
Try to check for available updates of your Windows system
In Win 7
- Click on Start, then Windows Update
- Click “Check for updates” on the left side
- Try to install all of available updates on your computer system.
In Win 8:
- Right-click on Start button, select System
- Click Windows Update at the bottom left corner
- If it provides available updates for your Windows system, try to install them on your PC
For most of computer users, troubleshooting Windows errors like fix error code 0x80070002 is not a piece of cake at all, if you also want to solve other problems like error code 10657 or AdvrCntr.dll error, please look at the associated articles in this blog.