Before you take any action to fix Error Code 008, it’s best to understand what exactly it is and what reasons can cause it.
This Error is associated with the default web browser of Windows operating systems. When you try to send an email with a multimedia file as attachment from one of your hard drive files, and click on “Send”, you may receive the error message saying “Windows Internet Explorer Error Code: 008” or “Oops, unable to perform your request. (code 008)”. Then you are not able to send email from your PC.
This is related to the size of your attachment, it must not be larger than 25MB, because there can be a conflict with software on your computer, browser cache that needs to be cleared, or a temporary problem on the Gmail server. However, it’s not like we can keep every attachment smaller than 25MB, so we should fix Error Code 008 as soon as possible, in case someday we need to send something in urgent and fail to do so.
Possible Reasons and Symptoms Related to Error Code 008
When you see the error message of Code 008 showing the above statement, you might not be able to either access large parts of the email data saved on your PC or open any email in Outlook. The following are several possible reasons that may cause this error.
- The infection of viruses and malware.
When one of some program’s files gets infected/damaged/corrupted, your antivirus software will always try hard to isolate or delete it, prevent more malicious traits from intruding your PC. Then the file would be missing, and there comes the Error Code 008 problem.
- Installing something and canceling it half way through the whole process (incomplete installation).
- Installing a new app without fully removing all the elements of the old, or forcibly delete something in a wrong way.
Now you have learned some basic knowledge of this issue, do remember how to take good care of your machine without doing anything incorrectly. Let’s continue your tour to see how to complete fix Error Code 008.
A Few Steps to Fix Error Code 008
Instead of figuring out where things are going wrong and taking risks to fix Error Code 008, you can try a professional third-party tool. This could be the perfect choice for users of all ages. Only three steps to take out the errors:
1. Install the safe Registry repair tool by clicking the green download button on the page. (Both the file and the program folder after installation are small-sized.)
2. Run the tool, and click the Start Scan Now button to find all the existing issues on your system. (This is to quickly detect what problems you’re having and where they are. A list will be displayed, on which you can select those you want to fix.)
3. Hit the Fix All button to fix Error Code 008 and other detected problems.
Other Methods You Can Try to Fix Error Code 008
Method One: Specific Steps to Fix Error Code 008
1. For further instructions, select the security application you have installed on your PC (Such as BellSouth Internet Security, eTrust EZ Firewall, McAfee, Norton, Freedom Privacy and Security, Kerio, Proxomitron, Telus, ZoneAlarm Pro, etc.).
2. Take BellSouth as an example. If you selected it, then disable its Popup Blocker by taking the steps below:
- Click the Start button from your system try and select Run…
- Type cmd in the box, and click OK.
- Type in cd c:Program Files//BellSouth/BellSouth Internet Security, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Type in regsvr32.exe/u pkr.dll and press the Enter key.
If the issue persists, check if any browser extension/plug-in/toolbar is causing the problem. This kind of programs claim to enhance browser functionality, yet they can also interfere with Gmail/Outlook. Let’s take the Step 3 below.
3. If it’s Google Chrome you are using:
- Click the Tools menu, and select Options.
- In the Under the Hood tab, select Clear Browsing data.
- Tick the Clear browsing data checkbox, use the Clear data from this period menu to select the amount of data you want to remove, and click Clear browsing data.
To fix Error Code 008 in other browsers, click the link to see How to clear browsing data in Firefox and How to delete browsing history in Internet Explorer.
Method Two: Manually change the settings
1. First of all, please enter the Network Setup option on the display, and do the Connection Test. It shall fail the last point with the Error Code 008.
2. Once the test is completed, press the “Return” button, then go to the IP/DNS settings and press “OK”.
3. You need to make sure that both the IP and the DNS settings are set to “Auto”. If either of them states “Manual”, you have to change it back to “Auto”.
4. Hit the “Return” and wait, until the display goes back to the Network screen, then conduct the Connection Test again to see wither it successfully passes. If it does pass, it shall then connect to the Internet correctly. If it fails to connect, it should be your router which is blocking the display. In this case, you will have to check some settings of the router.
5. Do make sure DHCP and UPnP are powered on. If you have turned on MAC filtering, you will need to enter the MAC address of the display in on the router. This can be seen at the bottom of the Network settings on the screen).
6. Alternatively, you may need to reach your Internet service provider or the manufacturer of the router.
Method Three: Replace the old account you are using
It could be caused due to incorrect account settings. Try to fix Error Code 008 by removing your account and creating a new one in Outlook.
Method Four: Reinstall the Windows operating system
If the first two methods didn’t work, you might have to reinstall the whole system, which means you are going to lose all your personal data saved on C: drive (including web browsing cookies and game saving data, etc.), but the corrupted files will be covered by new ones that come with the system installation. This could be the most effective way to fix Error Code 008.