ATL100.DLL is an ATL Module for Windows that belonging to the Microsoft® Visual Studio® 10, although it offers the specific feature and makes contribution to the computer system performance, this file often causes some error problems which many people don’t know how to resolve it. So let’s go on reading this post and find out the proper way to fix ATL100.DLL error.
What makes the error on the computer?
There is a point you should keep mind that the DLL file is not a harmful file but a component of your computer system, so you should take it as an error but not a virus infection problem. But what’s wrong with the DLL error on your PC? It is important to identify the reason before we start to fix ATL100.DLL error. Usually, it happens while one or more of the following issues existing on your machine:
- The ATL100.DLLfile is missing or in the wrong directory
- You have done something wrong like mistakenly remove a related file or damage a program on your computer
- Some associated registry entries in the Windows system are corrupted or invalid for some other reasons
Instructions to fix ATL100.DLL error with ease
As common computer user, we can fix ATL100.DLL error issue by replacing the file with a new one in the correct location, reinstall the associated program, or fix the registry issues on your computer system.
Replace the ATL100.DLL file with a new one in the right directory
If the ATL100.DLL file cannot be searched out and missing on your computer system, you can go to install a new one directly on the right directory, if this DLL file is just corrupted or does not in the right place, you should replace the corrupted one and also make sure it is in the default location.
- Search for the ATL100.DLL file online, and download the one which is from a safe and reliable download resource
- Go to the default directory of ATL100.DLL file, if you can find it, rename it as “ATL100_backup.DLL”
- Copy and paste the new ATL100.DLL file on the directory, and go back to the desktop
- Click on Start — Run — type “cmd” (Or if using Vista or Win7, search “run”)
- Type “regsvr_ATL100.DLL” in the new box, and press Enter
Reinstall the associated program
Reinstalling the program which is always the solution to fix npptools.dll error which is triggered by the corrupted program on the computer. To uninstall the program, you can follow these steps:
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs (click Uninstall A Program for Win 7)
- Find out and locate the program causing the error > click on Remove
- Restart your computer
- Install the program again
Fix registry issues on Windows system to fix ATL100.DLL error
According to the suggestions from computer experts, the best way to fix ATL100.DLL error and other DLL issues is applying a professional registry error cleaner to remove all of registry problems on the Windows system. Many people may not know that registry is a vital database that stores much of information to support the performance of programs and computers, however it is very likely for this database encountering some problems and errors which would damage the registry’s structure and good order, and many associated file error issues will therefore happens and require you to fix them well. In this situation, a good registry error cleaner will help the users to identify and remove all of error issues in the system registry in a very safe and simple way. Thus, everyone can take good care of their computers with this kind of problem with ease.