Error 0XC004F074 is mostly happen in Windows 7 system when people are try to activate the system, typical error message is “Error 0xC004F074. No Key Management Service”, from the error message we can get that the error is somehow related to the Key Management Server(KMS), if the KMS is out of date or the Time Zone settings does not match the host machine, 0XC004F074 error will likely to occur, there are also other causes for Error 0XC004F074, you may need to make clear about what exactly cause the error and then adopt the corresponding solution to fix it.
How can I fix Error 0XC004F074
1. If you think that the error was caused by the outdated product key, you can go to the Control Panel to open the activation window, and then click the right link within in to change the product key, this may help in fixing the error.
2. When receiving the Error 0XC004F074, you may also need to check on the drivers in your computer, driver problem is one of the main causes for the error, if you found any outdated driver, download the latest one from manufacturer’s website and then perform a driver update by using the Device Manager. You will also need to know that the error can be caused by the incompatible problem created by drivers, if you notice that error happened right after you installed a new driver, you can try to uninstall the driver and see if the problem still persist.
3. As we mentioned that if the system time on the client computer and KMS host are different, Error 0XC004F074 could occur during the Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 activation, to fix this problem, you can synchronize the time between the two computer base on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) by using the Active Directory service or Network Time Protocol (NTP) time source.
4. Sometimes the Error 0XC004F074 is also a sign of registry corruption which is one of the leading causes for Error 0XC004F074 and many other common system problem/errors. If your have tried out the above solution but still found the error reappear, get your computer Windows registry cleaned up at once. Registry is quite am important component of the system, almost all the Windows features are controlled by the registry, a small error in the registry can lead to various system problem such as preventing computer user to activating the Windows, it is strongly suggest you to use a reliable registry cleaner tool to scan and repair the registry, by fixing the registry, your computer will be optimized and all the errors caused by registry problems will be fixed automatically, here you can download the recommended tool Registry Nuke here and follow the below three simple steps to get the problem
- Step 1: Install a registry fix tool
- Step 2: Utilize it to scan your whole computer system
- Step 3: Select to fix all of registry issues it detected on your computer
Hope one of the above solution had fixed the Activation Error 0XC004F074 on your computer, enjoy.