Cannot fix 0x80070057 error?
Error 0x80070057 is a very common issue under Windows operation system, especially the Windows 7, it’s always a headache for people to get rid of this error issue on their computers. Wanna know more about the error and get an effective resolution to get it fixed? The following content will be very helpful.
What’s 0x80070057 error code
Error 0x80070057 is a Windows system problem that could be due to several problems on the computer, such as backing up files, installing Windows updates or installing the Windows 7 operating system. Once getting the error issue, your computer will constantly displays the annoying notification, and associated features and functions will thus be affected and terminated on the PC.
General error notification of 0x80070057 :
- “An Internal error has occurred. Incorrect parameters”.
- “An internal error has occurred: The parameter is incorrect: (0x80070057)”
- “There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help – (0x80070057)”
What will be influenced by the problem
If you cannot fix 0x80070057 error, there must be some performances to be affected on the computer, such as:
- Cannot back up files
- Windows update cannot be installed
- Additional error issues appear on the computer
- Computer performance become sluggish
- Invalid registry issues appear
- Windows 7 OS cannot be installed
In order to avoid and troubleshoot these serious problems and issues on your PC, you should firstly stop and fix 0x80070057 error well with effective resolutions.
Take available solutions to fix 0x80070057 error well
Solution 1 – restart your computer system
It is very possible that many people would like to attribute this error to a serious or complex problem on the computer, but as a matter of fact, it also could be due to a very simple cause: a temporary start-up or running error on the computer. So if you haven’t been tried to fix 0x80070057 error via restart the computer. I would like to suggest you to shut down your computer firstly, and start your computer again. If the 0x80070057 cannot be fixed in this way, you can continue to try the following resolutions.
Solution 2 – change another way to install Windows update
If the 0x80070057 error just appears when you try to install Windows updates, there may be some updates are not compatible with your installed applications or files, in order to avoid this conflict issue on the computer and fix 0x80070057 error well, you can choose to perform the update in other way.
Manually install the specific update from Microsoft website:
- Open the official website of Microsoft, and go to the Windows Update section
- Have a search for the update you need to download
- And select the specific update and download on your computer
- Double-click on the update file to install it, or follow the instructions provided by Microsoft to conduct the installation. If the error message does not appear during the installation,
- congratulations, you will be able to install the update successfully and also avoid the annoying 0x80070057 issue as well.
If it still can’t help you to fix 0x80070057 error, you should go to check your virus infection next.
Solution 3 – clean virus infection
Virus infection is a big cause of various error issues and system problems on the computer, with the coming of a malicious virus, many files and applications will easily be damaged, modified and even removed from the computer, and there is no a resolution can help you fix 0x80070057 error and other problems well unless you get rid of the infected virus on the computer. Therefore, in this situation, you should invite a professional antivirus program to scan your computer system thoroughly, and remove all of detected viruses completely as soon as possible with the software.
After that, please restart your computer, and continue to fix 0x80070057 error with the following method if it does not help you to figure it out.
Solution 4 – fix registry issues on System
Many error issues under Windows operating system occur because of the corruptions or faulty of the Registry Entries, either the system’s or program’s registries, this is because the registry entries are often closely related to the associated performance on the computer, but on the other side, they are very easy to be damaged or modified in the use of computer, and cause a serious of problems for the related applications’ performances or system’s features, including the 0x80070057 error and other error code issue. So, to fix 0x80070057 error and protect the system registry from being damaged, you should have a advanced fixer on your computer, which can help you clean registry issues and other system problems effectively.