Many people received “cannot run unicode version of atl71.dll.” or “Atl71.dll Not Found” kind of error message in their computer, this error is a common dll error that could happen in most of the computers with Windows platform, if you are in trouble with it, this article is your assistant to get a better understanding of atl71.dll error and help you fix it effectively.
atl71.dll file and error information
atl71.dll is a dynamic link library that comes from one of your system component called ATL, the origin location of atl71.dll file is C:\WINDOWS\system32. Normally the file is used to maintain the system stability and process important settings, if you see errors related to the file, that may indicate there are either problems with the atl71.dll file (for example it is deleted/damaged) or problems with the computer like virus infection, registry corruption etc.
How to troubleshot atl71.dll error
Since the error can related to virus issue, so the first thing we suggest you to do when seeing the error is to run a virus scan over your system, make sure that your computer is virus free is important to avoid error reappearance and other potential damage to your computer.
Fix atl71.dll error by replacing a new copy of the dll file
This is a common solution to fix dll errors, this can be done manually or by using third party dll error fix tool, if you want to manage the error with the easiest and safest way, we recommend you to use DLLSmith, which is a effective dll error fix tool, it is able to identify the missing dll file of your system, then download and install the needed dll file automatically to fix the existing error. DLLSmith can be downloaded through this link, after you finish the installation, the wizard will guide you step-by-step to fix the dll error easily.
If you have confident and prefer to do it on your own, follow the below steps to proceed:
- Visit google.com or other search engines like Bing, Yahoo.
- Enter the keyword of ‘download atl71.dll’ in the search box and hit the Search button or press the Enter key in your keyboard.
- Pick a website from the search result that offers dll download.
- Download atl71.dll onto your computer.
- Navigate to the folder of C:\WINDOWS\system32 and place the downloaded dll file in it.
- Click the Run option in the Start menu.
- Use the commend of ‘regsvr32 atl71.dll’ to install the file into your system.
Uninstall related problematic program
If the atl71.dll error show up only when you open a particular program, you can try uninstalling that program and see if the error still exist.
- Click Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- In the Control Panel Window, click Add/Remove program.
- Click the target program in the Add/Remove program list and click Remove button.
- You may see a wizard pops-up, follow the on-screen instruction to proceed the uninstallation.
- Restart your computer and test the error again.
Clean up registry error
If you are unable to fix the atl71.dll error by using the above given solutions, the problem may lies in your system other than the file itself, registry error/corruption is always the leading causes for many major system error that computer users may come across daily, for example the registry can easily got bloated by storing too many wasted/invalid entries, and under such circumstance, it will become very hard for your computer system to access to the dll data from registry thus bring you various problems related to dll file like the atl71.dll error. If you thing your particular case is somehow related to the registry, follow the below steps to get it fixed:
- Step 1: Download Install a registry fix tool
- Step 2: Run the tool and scan your whole computer system
- Step 3: Click ‘Fix All’ button to fix registry issues it detected on your computer.